Mobile menu

Off topic: Henry - what are your language pairs? (Henry: 'jpn > eng')
Thread poster: Gillian Scheibelein

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:22
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2004

Dear Henry,

your profile used to give Japanese > English, a few days ago I saw Spanish > English, and now its just English. Please don't take offense, but I am somewhat confused with all this chopping and changing. Perhaps you could clarify this - after all, you are the most prominent member of this site.

Best regards,
Jill

P.S. Keep up with the good work

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:22
SITE FOUNDER
I change parameters to test functions, track areas Feb 3, 2004

Sorry for the confusion. You are not the first to ask.

I change my language pairs to test or track functions or language pair "subcommunities." (I change countries for the same reason.)

The fact is, I formerly worked in Japanese to English. (I have not translated since starting ProZ.com.) I do not speak other languages.

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info, Feb 3, 2004

good to know for the future. I'll look out for your globetrotting and linguistic advances.

Regards, Jill

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Have to say this Feb 3, 2004

Henry,

You have the best tranlator's site by far on the Net. You are head and shoulders ahead of the rest. Keep up the good work!

Edward

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:22
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks! Feb 4, 2004

Edward Potter wrote:

You have the best tranlator's site by far on the Net. You are head and shoulders ahead of the rest. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Edward. I know a few of the other site administrators, and the impression I get is that we are all working hard to do more for our respective members. This is already a good thing for translators; given a bit more time, it may be a very good thing. After all, four years on, we have only scratched the surface.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Henry - what are your language pairs? (Henry: 'jpn > eng')

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs