Mobile menu

Off topic: Horror needs no words (in film)
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2004

Has anybody seen this short movie? "La Cabina" (The Phone Box) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065513/

It's an old (70s) Spanish short, and one of the scariest I've seen. The interesting fact about this is that there is no dialog at all. Everything you see is gestures, gazes and little else. Nevertheless, you can understand it perfectly, and be horrified by the end.

There is no gore, no violence, no axe-killer. But the horror is so real!

I'd like to know if somebody remembers it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giselle Chaumien
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Yes, I remember it exactly... Feb 21, 2004

Oh yes, I think I saw it 1973-74 or something like that here in Germany, on a Sunday afternoon (about 2 pm) on one of the 2 major German channels. I remember nearly each sequence, each picture... and how much I was (and still am) negatively impressed by the pictures.
Can you tell me more about that movie ?
There are very few movies that have left such a "sustainable" negative impression on me - another one is Soylent Green with Charlton Heston.
Regards
Giselle

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A bit more info Feb 21, 2004

Giselle Chaumien-Wetterauer wrote:
Can you tell me more about that movie ?

I haven't seen it in many years, but I found this:

http://www.wayney.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lacabina.htm

I also heard a comment about a lot of people putting the foot on the door of phone booths, after seeing this movie.

Perhaps that's why there are no phone booths anymore?

Regards

Edwal

[Edited at 2004-02-21 18:29]

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
another horrifying movie Feb 22, 2004

Edwal Rospigliosi wrote:

Perhaps that's why there are no phone booths anymore?

Thank God we have mobile phones now. I found this idea intriguing as some years ago, a tv ad by telecom Italia had a payoff like this: a phone call makes your life longer. This was because in the ad a man was going to be executed and his last wish was a phone call, which turned out to be endless. So it was quite the opposite
By the way, the scariest movie I've ever seen is "Audition", by Japanese director Takashi Miike http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/. Has any of you seen it? I'd like to know what happens at the end, that is in the last 5-10 minutes. It was so horrifying that many people in the public (myself included) suddenly ran away to puke. I saw it in Germany, I don't think it was translated into Italian.

[Edited at 2004-02-22 19:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Horror needs no words (in film)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs