Mobile menu

Off topic: Please express further Madrid sympathies directly to colleagues
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:29
Mar 11, 2004

I would like to add my condolences to the families of those killed in Madrid today. Their losses are unfathomable, and are shared, knowingly or unknowingly, by every human on earth.

Since's inception, we have had a policy of not allowing postings that are even slightly political in nature. We have applied this rule consistently and without regard to the circumstances. Now, with threads which began in sympathy for those killed today in Madrid turning political (in various languages), it would not be appropriate for us to allow discussions to continue.

Removing these threads is a result of our commitment to consistency in enforcing the 'no politics' rule. As usual, it has nothing to do with our personal views.

In keeping with this policy, I would ask that further condolences be expressed directly among friends and colleagues (via email or profile pages), without use of the forums.

If you are inclined to do more, I don't know of any organization that is yet providing assistance, but here is a link to the International Red Cross (If someone has a better link, please send it to me via my profile page and I will put it here.)

We ask for your understanding and cooperation on the above. Courage and fortitude to the people of Madrid.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please express further Madrid sympathies directly to colleagues

Advanced search

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs