Off topic: Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK
Thread poster: Andrzej Lejman

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:04
German to Polish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

I have been asked by 4 young people to help them find affordable (students!) accommodation in Manchester for July – August this year. So I would like to ask for some tips where to look for such offerings – are there local web sites or online versions of local newspapers, maybe students organizations of some kind? I appreciate any help, including some cost estimates.
Thanks and regards
Andrzej

Direct link Reply with quote

nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ Mar 20, 2004

Hi,

The Lonely planet publishes very good and useful guide books with accurate comments - I once traveled Poland using them and everything was just as they said.
The Britain or England Guide books are good too.
They also have a web site with lots of tips and forums where you can exchange information too.
Good luck !

Elena Bellucci
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try University halls Mar 20, 2004

Hi!

A few years ago I was in Manchester/Salford for the socrates exchange. If I remember correctly, University halls are open all year round, and may be cheaper than private accomodation, though they maybe are a little bit shabby. Make a try with the accomodation offices of the 3 univerities in Manchester/Salford area. Rates may have increased but a low price was around 40£ per week for "on campus" halls of residence. Contact me if you have any question.

[Edited at 2004-03-20 23:15]

xxxasusisu
Local time: 16:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
you may like to have a look at the following link Mar 22, 2004

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/poh/pohhalls.php

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs