Mobile menu

Off topic: Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK
Thread poster: Andrzej Lejman

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:13
German to Polish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

I have been asked by 4 young people to help them find affordable (students!) accommodation in Manchester for July – August this year. So I would like to ask for some tips where to look for such offerings – are there local web sites or online versions of local newspapers, maybe students organizations of some kind? I appreciate any help, including some cost estimates.
Thanks and regards

Direct link Reply with quote

nordiste  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ... Mar 20, 2004

The Lonely planet publishes very good and useful guide books with accurate comments - I once traveled Poland using them and everything was just as they said.
The Britain or England Guide books are good too.
They also have a web site with lots of tips and forums where you can exchange information too.
Good luck !

Elena Bellucci
Partial member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try University halls Mar 20, 2004

A few years ago I was in Manchester/Salford for the socrates exchange. If I remember correctly, University halls are open all year round, and may be cheaper than private accomodation, though they maybe are a little bit shabby. Make a try with the accomodation offices of the 3 univerities in Manchester/Salford area. Rates may have increased but a low price was around 40£ per week for "on campus" halls of residence. Contact me if you have any question.

[Edited at 2004-03-20 23:15]

Local time: 07:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
you may like to have a look at the following link Mar 22, 2004

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs