https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/19566-accommodation_for_students_in_manchester_uk.html

Off topic: Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK
Thread poster: Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:20
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

I have been asked by 4 young people to help them find affordable (students!) accommodation in Manchester for July – August this year. So I would like to ask for some tips where to look for such offerings – are there local web sites or online versions of local newspapers, maybe students organizations of some kind? I appreciate any help, including some cost estimates.
Thanks and regards
Andrzej

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ Mar 20, 2004

Hi,

The Lonely planet publishes very good and useful guide books with accurate comments - I once traveled Poland using them and everything was just as they said.
The Britain or England Guide books are good too.
They also have a web site with lots of tips and forums where you can exchange information too.
Good luck !

Elena Bellucci
Elena Bellucci
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try University halls Mar 20, 2004

Hi!

A few years ago I was in Manchester/Salford for the socrates exchange. If I remember correctly, University halls are open all year round, and may be cheaper than private accomodation, though they maybe are a little bit shabby. Make a try with the accomodation offices of the 3 univerities in Manchester/Salford area. Rates may have increased but a low price was around 40£ per week for "on campus" halls of residence. Contact me if you have any question.

[Edited at 2004-03-
... See more
Hi!

A few years ago I was in Manchester/Salford for the socrates exchange. If I remember correctly, University halls are open all year round, and may be cheaper than private accomodation, though they maybe are a little bit shabby. Make a try with the accomodation offices of the 3 univerities in Manchester/Salford area. Rates may have increased but a low price was around 40£ per week for "on campus" halls of residence. Contact me if you have any question.

[Edited at 2004-03-20 23:15]
Collapse

asusisu (X)
asusisu (X)
Local time: 13:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
you may like to have a look at the following link Mar 22, 2004

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/poh/pohhalls.php

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accommodation for students in Manchester/UK

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »