Mobile menu

Off topic: I'm looking for people who have translated something for the Greek National Tourism organisation
Thread poster: Jana Teteris

Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:10
Latvian to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2004

Could anyone who has translated a number of ads for the Greek National Tourism Organisation earlier this year, please contact me by e-mail.

The work in question came via an agency in the UK (whose name I cannot reveal for obvious reasons).

Many thanks.
Jana

[Edited at 2004-03-24 14:42]

[Edited at 2004-03-24 14:44]

Direct link Reply with quote

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:40
English to Tamil
+ ...
Can't you be a little clearer in your requirements? Mar 25, 2004

You cannot of course name the agency. At least can't you say what it is all about? After all this is a forum for exchange of ideas and the more the merrier.
Have you got any opinion positive or negative about the said translation?
Only a friendly suggestion.
Regards,
N.Raghavan
Jana Teteris wrote:

Could anyone who has translated a number of ads for the Greek National Tourism Organisation earlier this year, please contact me by e-mail.

The work in question came via an agency in the UK (whose name I cannot reveal for obvious reasons).

Many thanks.
Jana

[Edited at 2004-03-24 14:42]

[Edited at 2004-03-24 14:44]

Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:10
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing to elaborate! Mar 25, 2004

I do agree that this site is a meeting place to exchange ideas and seek advice, however in this particular instance there really isn't anything, which is worth discussing in public. At the same time I can't think of a better place to post a request for people to contact me. Hence the reason for my message.

I know it sounds ominous, but the people who translated this material (into a number of languages) will know what I'm talking about. And that's all! I'm not surreptitiously trying to post a job, or sell something, or offer a free trip to Greece or anything along those lines! Let's just say that I'm trying to clarify a finer point in the text, but thank you for your concern, Narasimhan!

[Edited at 2004-03-25 09:09]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm looking for people who have translated something for the Greek National Tourism organisation

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs