Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz

Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:44
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Apr 18, 2004

Hi everybody,

I am going to travel all over Argentina this year and I am looking for accommodation in Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Mendoza, Mar del Plata and Salta. My idea is to spend 2-3 weeks in each of those places. I do not want to live in hotels but I would much prefer private accommodation.

If anybody has a room available for rent, I would be very grateful if you could let me know by contacting me at the following e-mail address:

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Direct link Reply with quote
Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Apr 18, 2004

I think you have a place in Buenos Aires.

Contact either me or JL.

Aurora, another SMI buddy

Aurora Humarán

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
English to Spanish
+ ...

However, the prices are very different in the high season (from December 15 onwards until the end of February) and in the rest of the year, when you can get real bargains. Just send me an e-mail when you are coming. If it is not in the high season, no reservation is necessary. In Winter and Spring prices are low.

The aunt of a Proz. member owns apartments for rent in Mar del Plata. I am not personally acquainted with her aunt, but the E-mail where you can write to is:

A relative of mine owns a nice small house in La Falda (Córdoba) which she rents by the month or week.
My E-mail is or

It may not be so easy to find an apartment per week in Mendoza or Salta. I can recommend you an hotel in Salta that allows you to cook. Their rooms have private bathrom and cable TV, their prices are low, they are near downtown in front of the main park.

Remember that the high season in Salta is Winter and Spring.
I live in Mar del Plata.

Buen viaje!

[Edited at 2004-04-18 20:19]

[Edited at 2004-04-18 20:21]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for accomodation in Argentina

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs