Off topic: Happy Anniversary to me... any fellow Chicagolanders up for a coffee/drink/stroll...?
Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 29, 2004

One year ago today I boarded a plane from New York City's La Guardia Airport and came to live in scintillating Chicago. Where I had a subway I now have a highway. Where I had an alley I now have a backyard. Where my work took me to a highrise my work now takes me just steps from my bed...no complaints

Thing is, except for my partner and his family and our furry cat and the fish in our pond...I hardly know a soul aro
... See more
One year ago today I boarded a plane from New York City's La Guardia Airport and came to live in scintillating Chicago. Where I had a subway I now have a highway. Where I had an alley I now have a backyard. Where my work took me to a highrise my work now takes me just steps from my bed...no complaints

Thing is, except for my partner and his family and our furry cat and the fish in our pond...I hardly know a soul around here

Mind you, ceci n'est pas une sob story. I thought I'd celebrate this milestone by reaching out to those of you in my general vicinity...you know who you are

Any fellow Chicagolanders up for a coffee/drink/stroll/museum/movie/chat...I'll be happy to hear from you

Da Cheers,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2004-04-29 22:01]
Collapse

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:18
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
Wind city Apr 29, 2004

"Chicago... Chicago... my old litlle town..."

Irving Berlin

I am confident that life in the Wind City is nicer than in the Big Apple...

Kisses from Barcelona/Sitges

"L'Oncle".

[Edited at 2004-04-29 20:35]

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy anniversary :-). Apr 29, 2004

Hello,

Well, you may not know a sould in the closes "around" you, but you sure do know plenty in the further "arounds".

Hope the move has treated you well,

Mar

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:18
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Congrats Apr 29, 2004

Dear Susana,
Congratulations! I am happy that you are happy and many more happy returns there
I am even happier that I have met you in person and that I got to know your sweet spirit.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Have a great happy day,
Monika

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Happy Anniversary, Susana Apr 29, 2004

Oh how I wish I could share a cup of coffee with you and take a stroll along the lake (blowing in the wind, of course). I lived outside of Chicago for a very short time, but that is where I was married, that is where I left my parents, and that was the last American city that I lived in. Here's to you, your year of living in Illinois, and hope to meet you some day, for real!
Kind regards,
Gayle

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Happy Anniversary, Susana! Apr 30, 2004

Hey! Why don't you organize a PowwoW?

I have no idea of how many Prozians can be in Chicago's area, but there must be some.

It's the way I met most of the translators I know here. The first one was in December 2001, and I had arrived to Chile three months before. It's a good way to meet people with the same interests too.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 03:18
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Happy anniversary Susanna! Apr 30, 2004

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Hey! Why don't you organize a PowwoW?

That's exactly what I thought on reading your post.
Go for it, Susanna, you will absolutely not regret it!!!:-)

Nancy

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Greetings from Chauny... Apr 30, 2004

...well, it's not really Chicago, but begins with Ch too...

Best wishes Susana

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 00:18
English to French
+ ...
Happy anniversary! Apr 30, 2004

from Missoura, let's meet halfway for coffee, how about Starbucks in Springfield?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Happy Anniversary to me... any fellow Chicagolanders up for a coffee/drink/stroll...?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »