Mobile menu

Off topic: Quito - Ecuador
Thread poster: Verushca
Local time: 19:45
Jun 1, 2004

I invite you to learn more about the capital of Ecuador.

Quito has the largest historical center of Latin America
and it has an enormous cultural and artistic heritage. In
this sector ten churches are located. They are among the
most beautiful colonial buildings of America.

There are also many museums were there are many
transcendental painting and sculpture masterpieces, of
modern and colonial periods.

There are hotels in Quito that form a part of the modern
section of Quito.

[Edited at 2004-06-02 17:25]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:45
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I like Ecuador Jun 2, 2004

It's the country that I would recommend to visit when somebody wants to go to a South American country and knows none. It's small, so it can be visited nearly completely in 15 days. Whenever you have three weeks, you can go to the Galapagos Islands too.
It has different landscapes: the Andes, the Amazon, the coast, different climates, different people. It has kept traditions, it's quite typical...Very much in a small surface.

It's quite safe, travelling is cheap...

I travelled through Ecuador many times whith my boyfriend and with backpacks many years ago, and four years ago we decided that it would be our children's first backpack travel, in local buses. It was a great experience.

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:45
English to Spanish
+ ...

The four cities I prefer in South America are Merida (Venezuela), Quito (Ecuador), Manizales (Colombia) and Valdivia (Chile).

You will find more information and photos on Quito in my forum Travelling through Latin America in this same section, you will also find a note on Cuenca, another beautiful Ecuadorean city.

Regards from Mar del Plata, Argentina.

Robert Ingledew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quito - Ecuador

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs