· "Learn to self-conquest, persevere thus for a time, and you will perceive very clearly the advantage which you gain from it." - St. Teresa Avila
· "Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it." - Margaret Thatcher
· "So great has been the endurance, so incredible the achievement, that, as long as the sun keeps a set course in heaven, it would be foolish to despair of the human race." - Ernest L. Woodward
· "He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave."- Andrew Carnegie
· "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."- Gilbert K. Chesterton
· "In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."- Dalai Lama
· "Victory Belongs to the most persevering" - Napoleon Bonaparte-
· "To dry one's eyes and laugh at a fall, And baffled, get up and begin again." - Robert Browning- Robert Browning
· "Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never." - Winston Churchill
· "Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that wont work" - Thomas Edison
· "When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal." -Napoleon Hill
· "Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb
· "Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson
· "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear."
· - Mark Twain
· "Courage is the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear."
· - Mark Twain
· "Good art is not what it looks like, but what it does to us."- Roy Azdak
· "What is central to business is the joy of creating."- Peter Robinson
· "It's the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance and sweeps away all obstacles."- Claude M. Bristol
· "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."- Chinese Proverb
· "The dream is real, my friends. The failure to make it work is the unreality."- Toni Cade Bambara
· "When you have a dream you've got to grab it and never let go."
· - Carol Burnett
· "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."- James Dean
· "If you can dream it, you can do it."- Walt Disney
· "The only way to have a friend is to be one."- Ralph Waldo Emerson
· "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes: Goal Setting
· "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
· - Chinese Proverb
· "Perfections of means and confusion of goals seem-in my opinion-to characterize our age."- Albert Einstein
· "Goals determine what you are going to be."- Julius Erving
· "Some people die at twenty-five and aren't buried until they are seventy-five"- Benjamin Franklin
· "Many hands make the Light work."- Leroy W. Jones
· "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."- Helen Keller
· "Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting."- Christopher Morley
· "It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly."- Mabel Newcomber
· "I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."- Laura Ingalls Wilder
· "Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist."- Mary Kay Ash
· "I could never think well of a man's intellectual or moral character, if he was habitually unfaithful to his appointments."- Nathaniel Emmons
· "The man who has no imagination has no wings."- Muhammad Ali
· "Live out of your imagination instead of out of your memory."- Les Brown
· "The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wander."- G.K. Chesterton
· "Live out of your imagination, not your history."- Stephen Covey
· "You look at any giant corporation, and I mean the biggies, and they all started with a guy an idea, doing it well."- Irvine Robbins
· "The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has."- Michelangelo
· "Give me a museum and I'll fill it."- Pablo Picasso
· "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."- Theodore Roosevelt
· "Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."
· - George Bernard Shaw
· "If you want to win anything-a race, your self, your life-you have to go a little berserk."- George Sheehan
· "There is great treasure there behind our skull and this is true about all of us. This little treasure has great, great powers, and I would say we only have learned a very, very small part of what it can do."
· - Isaac Bashevis Singer
· "Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It's the sure footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life."- Ann Landers
· "The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands."- Robert M. Pirsig
· "The only disability in life is a bad attitude."- Scott Hamilton
· "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."- Martin Luther, Jr. King
· "It is funny about life: if you refuse to accept anything but the very best you will very often get it."- W. Somerset Maugham
· "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
· - George Bernard Shaw
· "A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one."- Mary Kay Ash
· "Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before."- James Buckham
· "We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
· - Walt Disney
· "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."- Charles Du Bos
· "History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
· - Bertie C. Forbes
· "Satisfaction lies in the effort not the attainment. Full effort is full victory."
· - Mahatma Gandhi
· "There's an important difference between giving up and letting go."
· - Jessica Hatchigan
· "What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
· - Napolean Hill
· "The most damaging phrase in the language is: 'It's always been done that way.' "- Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
· "One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."- Elbert Hubbard
· "Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."- Hubert Humphrey
· "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."- Thomas Alva Edison
· "Always keep a window in the attic open; not just cracked: open."
· - Henry James
· "Problems are only opportunities in work clothes."- Henry J. Kaiser
· "Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'"
· - Brian Tracy
· "I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward."- Charlotte Bronte
· "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."- Chinese Proverb
· "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."- F. Scott Fitzgerald
· "How much better a thing it is to be envied than to be pitied."- Herodotus
· "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do."- Helen Keller
· "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."- Nelson Mandela
· "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"
· - Eleanor Roosevelt
· "It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts."
· - Robert Schuller
· "Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost."
· - Robert H. Schuller
· "Optimisn is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other."- Brian Tracy
· "A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties."
· - Harry Truman
· "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great, make you feel that you too can become great."- Mark Twain
· "A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."- Unknown
· "From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."- Arthur Ashe
· "Philanthropy is commendable, but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary."- Martin Luther, Jr. King
· "Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness -- great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy."- Jim Rohn
· "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
· - Isaac Newton
· "It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude."
· - Zig Ziglar
Quotes: Personal Leadership
· "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."- James Allen
"Progress in every age results only from the fact that there are some men and women who refuse to believe that what they know to be right cannot be done."
- Russel W. Davenport
"In the final analysis there is no solution to man's progress but the day's honest work, the day's honest decisions, the day's generous utterances and the day's good deed."- Clare Booth Luce
· "There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live."- John Adams
· "Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it."
· - Tallulah Bankhead
· "Every is necessarily the hero of his own life story."- John Barth
· "I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself."- Aldous Huxley
· "Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, "This is the real me," and when you have found that attitude, follow it."- William James
· "The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it."
· - William James
· "Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one is to blame."- Erica Jong
· "Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."- Helen Keller
· "Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes."- Hildebrand Kennet
· "If the creator had a purpose in equipping us with a neck, he surely meant us to stick it out."- Arthur Koestler
· "Success gravitates toward those who are perceived to be successful. Regardless of how you feel within, you must emanate success if you want to attract people to your cause."- Jeff Herman
· "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."- Napolean Hill
· "No one can give you authority. But if you act like you have it, others will believe you do."- Karin Ireland
· "If you want a quality, act as if you already had it. Try the 'as if' technique."- William James
· "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."- Japanese Proverb
· "In business, you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate."
· - Chester L. Karrass
· "The time is always right to do what is right."- Martin Luther, Jr. King
· "Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."- Reggie Leach
· "Some of us just go along . . . until that marvelous day people stop intimidating us -- or should I say we refuse to let them intimidate us?"
· - Peggy Lee
· "It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to."- Walter Lin
· "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
· - Vincent T. Lombardi
· "Mistakes are part of the dues one p
· ays for a full life."- Sophia Loren
· "The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams."
· - Og Mandino
· "There is only one success - to spend your life in your own way."
· - Christopher Morley
· "Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal."
· - Earl Nightingale
· "There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment."- Norman Vincent Peale
· "I can give you a six-word formula for success: Think things through -- then follow through."- Captain Edward V. Rickenbacker
· "The path to success is to take massive, determined action."
· - Anthony Robbins
Quotes: Values & Beliefs
· "The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within."
· - Mahatma Gandhi
· "To be somebody, you must last."- Ruth Gordon
· "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
· - Elbert Hubbard
· "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."- Thomas Jefferson
· "Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings."
· - Samuel Johnson
· "Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."- Danny Kaye
· "It takes less time to do things right that to explain why you did it wrong."
· - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
· "Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today."- Og Mandino
· "You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you."- Brian Tracy
· "Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate."- Unknown
· "There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."- Dr. Denis Waitley
· "We can chart our future clearly and wisely only when we know the path which has led to the present."- Adlai E. Stevenson
· "Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
· "Vision is the art of seeing the invisible."- Jonathan Swift
· "True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."- Humboldt
· "A prudent question is one-half of wisdom."- Francis Bacon
· "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
· - Sir Winston Churchill
· "I am always willing to learn, however I do not always like to be taught."
· - Sir Winston Churchill
| || || |