Aug 4, 2004

From The New York Times

http://www.iht.com/articles/532410.html

[Edited at 2004-08-20 15:53]

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
So... Aug 5, 2004

... waiting for a Fast Good restaurant to open in downtown Chicago, huh?

Haha, very nice article, Susana. Ferran Adria is becoming a real vedette here in Spain, let's hope he succeeds with this.

Rb

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:20
English to Spanish
Right on time! Aug 6, 2004

Thanks! Right on time for my trip to Madrid next September. I have been looking for places where I can eat good food without it costing me an arm and a leg. I will add these to the list.

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:20
German to Italian
+ ...
fast good? Aug 6, 2004

This reminds me of the payoff in the advertising campaign of an Italian fast food chain serving pizza rather than hamburgers. That was something like "molto fast, very good" (molto = very) and I found it appalling, but probably suitable for the linguistically challenged average Italian Needless to say, I find traditional pizza much better, although of course it's more expensive.

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
we prefer to call it linguistically creative... Aug 6, 2004

Lorenzo Lilli wrote:
That was something like "molto fast, very good" (molto = very) and I found it appalling, but probably suitable for the linguistically challenged average Italian

Still better than "molto fasto, no problemo", which you would be likely to hear on the streets of New York City any day of the week

I luuuuv NY

Cheers,

S.G.

[Edited at 2004-08-06 16:39]

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:20
German to Italian
+ ...
LOL! Aug 6, 2004

Susana Galilea wrote:

Still better than "molto fasto, no problemo", which you would be likely to hear on the streets of New York City any day of the week

I've never been to NY but I believe you Well, I'm looking forward to go to Madrid and try this new cuisine - hope it can be successful in Italy too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

fast food Spanish style

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »