Off topic: Personal Statement of Purpose para ingreso residencia Medicina
Thread poster: Silvina Morelli
Silvina Morelli
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2004

Hola!!! Alguien sabe de alguna página en internet o tiene algún modelo de un Personal Statement of Purpose para el ingreso a la residencia de Medicina. Muchas Gracias a todos y saludos!!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:55
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Some suggestions Sep 21, 2004

Silvina Morelli wrote:

Hola!!! Alguien sabe de alguna página en internet o tiene algún modelo de un Personal Statement of Purpose para el ingreso a la residencia de Medicina. Muchas Gracias a todos y saludos!!!!

Hello Silvina,

In my job I process applications for residency training from other countries. I don't know of any internet page but I can give you some suggestions.

The personal statement should be in the form of a letter from you. In it we are looking for the following:
1) a brief summary of your experience in the field (details are of course explained in your CV);
2) the reasons why you are interested in a particular specialty and this particular program (have you heard about the programs at our university and if so, how/from whom?);
3) an indication of what you hope to learn/accomplish and your future plans;
4) what you think you will be able to contribute to the program.

One page with these four paragraphs is all that is needed.

As for the CV, in North America it is customary to start with the most recent and go back from there. That way your most important experience/accomplishments are on the first page and can be seen immediately.

Before you send anything, be sure to check the university's and/or program's website, so that you know something about the program, the requirements, etc., and are familiar with the language and terminology used. Find out to whom you should address the letter. Some universities can accept trainees from other countries only if they have sponsorship/scholarship. Find out before you send in all your documents.

My final suggestion: pay attention to the layout and spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck! If possible, have your letter and CV proofread by a native speaker.

Good luck!

Tina

Silvina Morelli
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! thanks! thanks! Sep 23, 2004

I´ll take all your advice very much into account. See you!!!!

Tina Vonhof wrote:

Silvina Morelli wrote:

Hello Silvina,

In my job I process applications for residency training from other countries. I don't know of any internet page but I can give you some suggestions.

The personal statement should be in the form of a letter from you. In it we are looking for the following:
1) a brief summary of your experience in the field (details are of course explained in your CV);
2) the reasons why you are interested in a particular specialty and this particular program (have you heard about the programs at our university and if so, how/from whom?);
3) an indication of what you hope to learn/accomplish and your future plans;
4) what you think you will be able to contribute to the program.

One page with these four paragraphs is all that is needed.

As for the CV, in North America it is customary to start with the most recent and go back from there. That way your most important experience/accomplishments are on the first page and can be seen immediately.

Before you send anything, be sure to check the university's and/or program's website, so that you know something about the program, the requirements, etc., and are familiar with the language and terminology used. Find out to whom you should address the letter. Some universities can accept trainees from other countries only if they have sponsorship/scholarship. Find out before you send in all your documents.

My final suggestion: pay attention to the layout and spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck! If possible, have your letter and CV proofread by a native speaker.

Good luck!

Tina

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:55
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
You're welcome Sep 23, 2004

[quote]Silvina Morelli wrote:

I´ll take all your advice very much into account. See you!!!!

If I can be of any further help, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Tina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Personal Statement of Purpose para ingreso residencia Medicina

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums