Mobile menu

Off topic: if you live in italy
Thread poster: davidgreen

German to English
Oct 25, 2004

I'm looking for someone living in Italy to buy me a bottle of "Aurum" (my girlfriend's mother tried it about 20 years ago and still raves about it). I believe it's an orange liquor of some sort made in Italy and I can't find any way to buy it here in the UK. Please email me directly as I'm not sure this is an appropriate forum topic. I'd be happy to pay you for this in advance plus about 5 euros for your trouble (I'd just need to know how much it'll cost to ship it here). Thanks for any assistance.

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 13:37
French to Italian
+ ...
Well, I could try... Oct 25, 2004 look for "Aurum". But I never heard that name. Any more details?....

Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Italian to English
+ ...
I remember that stuff! Oct 25, 2004

I haven't seen it in ages, but as I recall it came in a perfectly round bottle - a sphere.
This is what I've found on the Internet:

It's produced in the Marche region and is essentially an orange-flavored brandy. Does that sound right?

PS: Here's a site, also in English, with the small collector bottles.
Interestingly enough, it was supposedly given its name by Gabriele D'Annunzio.

[Edited at 2004-10-25 16:57]

Oops! Just found a site that sells it. Go towards the bottom of the page and click on the link. It retails for €20. Don't know about shipping costs though.

[Edited at 2004-10-25 17:00]

Pamela Brizzola  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
I'm from the Marches but Oct 25, 2004

I've never heard about it.
Actually, I think it is from Abruzzo, since the bottle shows Pescara on the neck.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw a bottle of it in my parent's house. I can check and let you know.

German to English
I looked at the Abruzzo website but... Oct 25, 2004

Thanks cbolton and Pamela. I checked out the abruzzo website but don't really trust it enough to order from there (website doesn't quite work in English and it hasn't been updated for over 3 years, often meaning business is very very slow or non existent). In any event, if it isn't real inconvenient, I'm hoping it's just sold in a local shop in Italy and someone could ship it to me. I'd pay you in advance as I trust a translator from more than I would trust an unknown website merchant. Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

if you live in italy

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs