Off topic: iTunes
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 2, 2004

iTunes has arrived in Spain. I downloaded the software, opened an account, prepaid a small sum, downloaded my first album into my library, and burned it onto a disk.

Cost 10 euros + cost of CR-RW, so about 12 euros, I guess. You have permission to create 7 CDs in total, and they can play in Real and in a normal CD player (so compatible).

Purchasing a song costs 1 euro.

I think it's rather expensive, but good for when you want just one song.

I'm kinda in favour of paying for music to support artists, which is why I never got into obtaining free copies over the WWW. On the other hands, CDs are over-priced and often one likes just one or two songs...

One thing that annoyed me was NOT to find a group I like (Mo' Horizons)....:-(

Has anybody else tried iTunes, and what do they think?

Direct link Reply with quote

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:32
German to Spanish
To expensive! Nov 2, 2004

A CD normally has 15-20 songs and you get a nice booklet with it.

If a song cost 1 € where is the advantage?
In USA it cost 0.99 cents, why is in Europe expensiver?

Rgds

Toledo

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Isn't it mp3? Nov 3, 2004

Do they not distribute in mp3 format? Those should fit at least 200 on one CD.
1 Euro for a piece is only cheap if you avoid buying the whole cd. If I want the whole CD I go to the library, borrow it and copy it into mp3 on my hard disk or burn it onto a cd-rom. It's legal to copy for personal use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iTunes

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs