Off topic: Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes
Thread poster: Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2004

I have a client (a limited company) that owns a property in Spain, although this is not a translation matter, I would like to help him. He needs to fill out the form "213". He mainly wants to know if he can give his form directly to the Tax Office in Marbella or if it is required to use a Spanish lawywer to represent him. He believes that although he pays taxes in the UK, he still has to present this form despite of not having to pay anything. I would like to hear experiences from people who are not resident in Spain and have a property in Spain... how is the paperwork regarding this issue? Or from anyone who knows a bit more about this type of stuff.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

PS. Does any of you know what "tarjetas identificativas" are?

[Edited at 2004-12-03 14:34]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
No laywer needs to be involved. Dec 3, 2004

Dear Cecilia:
I have just bought a property in Spain and as I an non-resident I will have to do this at some point.
In every matter related to Inland Revenue (Haciend/Agencia Tributaria) in Spain you do not need a laywer...you just fill in the form and send it/submit/present it to the Agencia Tributaria. Most foreign people who buy property use laywers because of the language barrier and no other reason.
I hope that helps you and your friend/client.
Kind regards,
Jesus Marin

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about a limited company? Dec 3, 2004

Jesus Marin wrote:

Dear Cecilia:
I have just bought a property in Spain and as I an non-resident I will have to do this at some point.
In every matter related to Inland Revenue (Haciend/Agencia Tributaria) in Spain you do not need a laywer...you just fill in the form and send it/submit/present it to the Agencia Tributaria. Most foreign people who buy property use laywers because of the language barrier and no other reason.
I hope that helps you and your friend/client.
Kind regards,
Jesus Marin

Thanks for the info. Yes, I am also sure that an individual doesn't need a lawyer for this. However, do you know if this is different with a company? This is a famiy that bought a property in Spain but they did it using their limited company (They were advised to do so - I don't know why)....

Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same.... Dec 3, 2004

Again the same would apply.
Whatever the obligations of an individual are those of a company are the same in relation to the Inland Revenue. Obviously companies have a great deal of paperwork to do and in Spain they all use an agent called 'gestoria' which is not a lawyer but knows about these issues that sometimes can be complicated.
I know small companies who deal with all the paperwork themselves (property or not property related) and others that prefer to have a 'gestoria' to get rid of the burden of the paperwork.
I hope that helps.
Jesus.

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:30
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Instructions are here Dec 3, 2004

http://www.aeat.es/formularios/captura/213e/ayu213_1e.htm

No lawyers needed. Any representative with a letter of authorization and the pertinent identification required may do this (relatives, for instance).

This is in principle. If this is an enterprise, they may need the power of attorney.

"Etiquetas identificativas" are bar-coded stickers issued by the AEAT to help them process papers faster. If they don't have those, they can simply fill up the pertinent section in block letters, taking care that their ID numbers are right.

The blue "tarjeta" basically only contains the number that the AEAT assigns taxpayers. Not sure what you're referring to.

[Edited at 2004-12-04 13:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs