Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 12:47
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Dec 14, 2004

Hello!
I saw a similar topic regarding back pain.
My wife translate about 4 pages per day. She coplains of constant pain in middle joint of all the fongers. This pain remains even after full week of not working in the front of PC. Can you help me with this?

P.S. She is pregnant in 9-th month. Can this have something common with this problem?

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:47
German to Spanish
Why typing if... Dec 14, 2004

..you can speak!

Try Dragon Naturally Speaking. It is faster than typing!

The best is to work with all possibilities together. Mouse, typing and speaking.

Rgds and good look!

Toledo

Ingrid Lovric
Ingrid Lovric
English to Croatian
+ ...
Maybe it has to do something with pregnancy Dec 14, 2004

Hi misho!

When I was pregnant I too had a lot of problems with sitting for long hours, and at the end my hands, especially fingers, got swollen. I had a lot of cramps in my legs and fingers, so hopefully it will all pass when the baby comes.

Good luck and take care of your wife!

Ingrid

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bulgarian for Dragon? Dec 14, 2004

Toledo wrote:

..you can speak!

Try Dragon Naturally Speaking. It is faster than typing!

The best is to work with all possibilities together. Mouse, typing and speaking.

Rgds and good look!

Toledo

Do you know how to get, if is there any, Bulgarian language recognition package for Dragon?

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not sure if pregnancy is the problem Dec 14, 2004

Ingrid Lovric wrote:

Hi misho!

When I was pregnant I too had a lot of problems with sitting for long hours, and at the end my hands, especially fingers, got swollen. I had a lot of cramps in my legs and fingers, so hopefully it will all pass when the baby comes.

Good luck and take care of your wife!

Ingrid

Well, my wife fingers are not swollen, but she has such pain. I consider buying MS WIRELESS OPTICAL DESKTOP or CREATIVE DESKTOP WIRELESS 8000. But I am not sure that this will help. I am waiting for responces from this forum, because I do not think that doctors can help me. Ig it is common met pain, someone will responce me here. If not - then may be this is something unusual, and may be doctor visit is needed.

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
It certainly can be to do with pregnancy Dec 14, 2004

misho wrote:

P.S. She is pregnant in 9-th month. Can this have something common with this problem?

Pregnancy causes great changes to a woman's body - I should know, I've had three very healthy babies over the past 6 years! One common problem in pregnancy is carpal tunnel syndrome. I had it quite badly with number three, to the extent that the pain would wake me up at night.

Check out babycenter.com for useful information:

"Pain and numbness in your hands and fingers during pregnancy are quite common and most likely caused by carpal tunnel syndrome. Although you probably associate this condition with workers whose jobs require repetitive hand movements (such as data processors, computer programmers, assembly line workers), about one in four pregnant women develop carpal tunnel symptoms, usually in both hands. Symptoms can appear at any time but most commonly begin in the second half of pregnancy, along with mild swelling of your ankles and feet. The symptoms usually go away gradually as the swelling from pregnancy subsides"

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/234.html

It does go away once the baby is there, but it can take some time.

Hope that helps!

Alison

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 05:47
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Almost certainly pregnancy Dec 14, 2004

Hi everybody,

Having spent a good portion of my thirties in this condition (more than 3 years in total!!), I am familiar with a variety of aches and pains which can be attributed to gravidas - including the pain you describe.

As Alison says, it should go away by the time the baby is, say, 4 months. Varicose veins, on the other hand, have a way of sticking around, as does 'baby fat' but at least that`s not
... See more
Hi everybody,

Having spent a good portion of my thirties in this condition (more than 3 years in total!!), I am familiar with a variety of aches and pains which can be attributed to gravidas - including the pain you describe.

As Alison says, it should go away by the time the baby is, say, 4 months. Varicose veins, on the other hand, have a way of sticking around, as does 'baby fat' but at least that`s not painful

Good luck, all the best for your new arrival!

Nancy
Collapse

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you all! :) Dec 15, 2004

Thank you all, especially Alison and Nancy!

My wife calmed down, when she had read your responses.

Thank you all again!

Misho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pain in fingers joints

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »