Mobile menu

Off topic: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Thread poster: Andrzej Lejman

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
German to Polish
+ ...
Dec 22, 2004

All I wanted to say was "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year".....

So, I ran it past my solicitor on the grounds that I don't want to upset anybody in these politically correct times,

And this is what he came up with.

>From me ("the wishor") to you ("the wishee"):

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We wish you a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that:-

- This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.
- This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.

This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.

This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

This greeting is given under the laws of Western Australian - INSOLVENCY NOTICES.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope you will enjoy it

With REAL best wishes
for Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year
Andrzej

[Edited at 2004-12-22 10:27]

Direct link Reply with quote

Clelia Tarasco  Identity Verified
English to Italian
Agree with all my heart Dec 22, 2004

Andrzej Lejman wrote:

All I wanted to say was "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year".....

So, I ran it past my solicitor on the grounds that I don't want to upset anybody in these politically correct times,

And this is what he came up with.

>From me ("the wishor") to you ("the wishee"):

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We wish you a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that:-

- This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.
- This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.

This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.

This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

This greeting is given under the laws of Western Australian - INSOLVENCY NOTICES.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope you will enjoy it

With REAL best wishes
for Merry Xmas and a happy New Year
Andrzej

remyrosf
English to French
Very funny.... Dec 22, 2004

That being said, I'm returning to my translation project... which is about "corporate ethics" (one more time!).

Happy new year to you all

Remy

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Good one :o) Dec 23, 2004

celebration of the summer solstice holiday
?

apart from the Summer/ Winter confusion... I think it's a great version of wishes, especially when our Polish clients want their enourmously elaborate wishes translated into English

Enjoy the festivities!
-Agnieszka-

[Edited at 2004-12-23 01:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs