Mobile menu

will the photocopy of certified translation still be certified?
Thread poster: karrol
karrol
Local time: 14:54
Chinese to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2005

(Apologies if my question is placed in the wrong forum. I honestly don't know where to place my question.)

I have 2 questions:
1. Where can I find CERTIFIED translating service (English > French) in Amsterdam? with an office close to the Dam square center. The document to be translated is a one-page school diploma. What kind of price will it be?

2. after getting my diploma translated by a certified translator, will it still be certified or accepted as certified if I photocopy it ? (so I can translate it once and use it for other occasions)

Thank you!

Carol

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only one Feb 27, 2005

I can't answer your first question, but as to the second one, why not ask the translator to provide you with several certified copies if you foresee a need for several?

I routinely provide my clients with two with no extra charge.

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 08:54
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Answer to second question Feb 27, 2005

Carol Chung wrote:

2. after getting my diploma translated by a certified translator, will it still be certified or accepted as certified if I photocopy it ? (so I can translate it once and use it for other occasions)

In Germany at least you can get "certified" photocopies of documents by taking them along to your local town hall. You have to pay a fee for the copy.

Also, when you get your certified translation, you can ask for multiple copies.

At the end of the day, it all depends on what you intend using the certified translation for and what the people you will be presenting the translation/copy to require. Some places will only accept originals, some places may accept a photocopy.

HTH

Alison

Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 02:54
German to English
Request a second copy of the certified translation Feb 27, 2005

To avoid problems in the future, ask the agency or translator to provide a second (or third) certified copy. Most ethical translators /agencies will charge you very little for the additional copies, since the work needs only be done once. But you must request it when you order the translation, since it will involve very little additional work. Ordering a second copy after the document has been delivered and and the translation filed away will require more effort, and will result in a higher charge.
Kevin

xxxsarahl
Local time: 23:54
English to French
+ ...
Answer to first question Feb 27, 2005

Certifications vary with the client, you should ask yours what it is they want. Sometimes a signed affidavit is enough, sometimes they need a notary's stamp, so on.
Once you know the answer to that question you (we)'ll be in a better position to find the right translator.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

will the photocopy of certified translation still be certified?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs