Off topic: Vancouver - office sharing
Thread poster: Wordlab TLS

Wordlab TLS  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2005

Hello everyone,

I am Spanish and will be moving to Vancouver with my partner by mid-April.

I am thinking of renting an office so that I get out of my house, get some fresh-air everyday and maybe meet some people.

Here in Madrid I am already doing that. I share an office with a few other people: they are website designers, editors, etc.

Does anybody know if office-sharing is popular in Vancouver? Would anybody (translator or not) be interested or knows anyone interested in sharing an office?

Business centers are always an option, but I was thinking of something more "personal" where I can get to know other people at the same time.

Thank you all for your ideas!

Direct link Reply with quote

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
In the U.S. Mar 17, 2005

I can only speak for the U.S. - but then only on a limited basis.

From my experience office sharing is not very common in the U.S. but does indeed exist.

If you are looking for a small budget office you might try finding the following situation: you have a building of small one-room offices with one secretary who simply answers the phone and takes messages, or transfers the call ("ahora le paso...") to your small office. The rent is cheap and part of the fee is paying for the secretary, whose cost is paid between the 50 - 100 small offices.

Good luck.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vancouver - office sharing

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs