Mobile menu

Someboy has used my nick to ask a question
Thread poster: Marva
Marva
Local time: 22:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 3, 2005

I have receive an e-mail with a proposed answer to a question I "have asked". The problem is that I haven't asked that question... The question is "seating appointment". I think this is serious...

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I tried to contact you privately Apr 3, 2005

Hi Marva

I tried to contact you privately to tell you that you should send a Support Request and forward that notification, but as you have chosen not to receive e-mails via your profile, I couldn't.

Please, do what I suggest above.

Thanks

Claudia

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Something similar.. Apr 3, 2005

happened to me week ago (I got an Asker's note on a question I was tracking, that didn't belong to my pairs!!) The same thing happened yesterday, a new Asker's note referred to a question a was tracking and didn't belong to my pairs either. I already requested support.. Has this happened to someone else?

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just a possibility Apr 3, 2005

Does anybody else have access to the computers you use to navigate the site? If yes, could it be possible that you forgot to log-out after terminating a session?

Enrique

Marva
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Somebody has used my nick to ask a question Apr 3, 2005

Hi Enrique, in reply to your comment I tell you that I'm the only person with access to this PC. It is in my study, at home, next to my bedroom. I don't share it with anybody else.

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very unlikely.. Apr 4, 2005

I share my pc with my sons, but they don't mess with my files (and I trust them). Really what's really amazing is that when I got the notice about the Asker's note, I thought that I had made a mistake and maybe I made a comment or asked something there, but no trace of my name on that question at all, my name wasn't there... I wonder... (????????)

schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
Italian to German
+ ...
the same happened to me, and ProZ staff Sep 10, 2005

told me to change my password - no problems ever since!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Someboy has used my nick to ask a question

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs