Mobile menu

Someboy has used my nick to ask a question
Thread poster: Marva
Marva
Local time: 11:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 3, 2005

I have receive an e-mail with a proposed answer to a question I "have asked". The problem is that I haven't asked that question... The question is "seating appointment". I think this is serious...

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 10:30
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I tried to contact you privately Apr 3, 2005

Hi Marva

I tried to contact you privately to tell you that you should send a Support Request and forward that notification, but as you have chosen not to receive e-mails via your profile, I couldn't.

Please, do what I suggest above.

Thanks

Claudia

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Something similar.. Apr 3, 2005

happened to me week ago (I got an Asker's note on a question I was tracking, that didn't belong to my pairs!!) The same thing happened yesterday, a new Asker's note referred to a question a was tracking and didn't belong to my pairs either. I already requested support.. Has this happened to someone else?

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just a possibility Apr 3, 2005

Does anybody else have access to the computers you use to navigate the site? If yes, could it be possible that you forgot to log-out after terminating a session?

Enrique

Marva
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Somebody has used my nick to ask a question Apr 3, 2005

Hi Enrique, in reply to your comment I tell you that I'm the only person with access to this PC. It is in my study, at home, next to my bedroom. I don't share it with anybody else.

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very unlikely.. Apr 4, 2005

I share my pc with my sons, but they don't mess with my files (and I trust them). Really what's really amazing is that when I got the notice about the Asker's note, I thought that I had made a mistake and maybe I made a comment or asked something there, but no trace of my name on that question at all, my name wasn't there... I wonder... (????????)

schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:30
Italian to German
+ ...
the same happened to me, and ProZ staff Sep 10, 2005

told me to change my password - no problems ever since!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Someboy has used my nick to ask a question

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs