Thread poster: Rafa Lombardino

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 19:56
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 28, 2005

TranslatedLyrics.com is a non-profit educational website in which translators can take part as volunteers translating lyrics of songs, writing educational articles regarding the study of foreign languages and even help with the website localization. If you're interested in becoming a volunteer, visit the website or write to team@translatedlyrics.com.

Direct link Reply with quote

hirselina
Local time: 04:56
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
mainly a music website, really Apr 29, 2005

I had a quick look and was rather disappointed. This seems to be a very new website and it is not at all clear who is behind it (the webmaster seems to be an Anonymous).

Apart from providing a few links to Spanish and Portuguese verb tables and some remarks on English slang, the "educational" content is very low in comparison to the many excellent non-profit websites for language-learning available (some listed by language under http://www.awesomelibrary.org/ for instance).

A goldmine for translators is the very professional Emily Ezust archive containing over 17,450 texts and translations of classical art songs and other vocal pieces such as choral works, madrigals and part-songs.
http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/intro.html

giogi
Local time: 03:56
I know it! Apr 29, 2005

hirselina wrote:

http://www.awesomelibrary.org/ for instance).

A

it's a great resource...I suggest it to everybody!
Thanks for sharing!
Giovanna

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 19:56
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Slowly growing Apr 29, 2005

The website is rather new and it's hard to find someone to write the educational articles. I've been contributing with some songs, but it's all still in the growing process. That's why I put the address here, 'cause it's open to any educational material, song translations, and website localization from anyone who is interested.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-profit educational website

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs