Mobile menu

Off topic: My impending visit to Stuttgart, Germany
Thread poster: Badrinarayan
Local time: 22:59
English to Tamil
May 19, 2005

Hello fellow Prozians.

I am a new member entering your fraternity with awe and wonder. I would like to greet all of you out there.

In the pursuit of my advanced studies in molecular medicine, I will be reaching Stuttgart on 23rd May, 2005. I would be very much obliged for any information that may be of use to me. From Stuttgart airport, I will be taking a local train to Ulm, to attend an interview for admission to Doctorate course in the University of Ulm.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:29
Member (2004)
German to English
Well, Ulm is quite a distance away May 19, 2005

You will have to take a local train (S-bahn) to the main station (Hauptbahnhof) - takes 30 minutes and costs €2.80 one-way. See this site for more info on local transport in Stuttgart: You get a ticket from the machine or the sales counter at the airport

Then you will need to take a train to Ulm - takes 1 hour and costs around €20 one-way. This is the main site for German railways:

Hope that helps for a start

Local time: 22:59
English to Tamil
thank you May 19, 2005

Thank you for your response. I will visit those websites and get an idea for my travel to ulm.

Can u give me some details for a cheaper train travel as I am planning to go to many places like ulm to dusseldorf, then to bochum, to cologne, hannover etc. Is there any youth travel concessions?

please do reply

thanks ..

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:29
German to Italian
+ ...
Bahn May 20, 2005

Try searching the webstite of Deutsche Bahn, If things haven't changed in the last couple of years, there should be the so called BahnCard to get discounts. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My impending visit to Stuttgart, Germany

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs