Off topic: regarding Tai chi
Thread poster: krishna mallick

krishna mallick
Local time: 06:15
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 26, 2005

Hi everybody,

I want to know about Taichi. Though I find millions of pages in the internet, i am not finding what I want. Can somebody give me the appropriate URL.
Somethings I would like to browse in taichi is about
1. Basics, advanced training (breathing coordination, stances)
2. Energy exercises for diabetes, weightless treatment, etc

with regards

Direct link Reply with quote

German to English
this site below might help you May 26, 2005

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:45
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Complex subject, indeed... May 26, 2005

I have been practicing taijiquan for five years now. While I am no expert, I think I can venture some suggestions...

Taijiquan (tai chi chuan) has originated as a martial art. Of course, for some people, especially today, the side effects, i.e. health, relaxation and longevity may be considered to be more important. However, given the complexity of the art, it is still disputed whether practicing taiji without deeper understanding may be as effective.

As for basics, I strongly suggest seeking advice from an instructor or a teacher. Taiji, as any other physical activity, may be harmful if practised incorrectly. Even the best books or videotapes cannot tell you how to stand or move correctly, as it often depends on your constitution. Without experience it is easy to damage your knees or even back... I don't know which part of India you live in, but maybe there is a chance for a travelling Chinese master?

Considering the web resources, I agree that they lack important information. I suggest reading some books, as they are usually of better quality (but not always!). If you are interested in taijiquan Yang style, you may find some information in the books published by YMAA (the school I am in):

For Chen style, see:

These books are written with the Western audience in mind, so they might be easier than the Chinese sources. On the sites you can also find information on their seminars, schedules, videotapes, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

regarding Tai chi

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs