flaviofbg
Spain
Local time: 01:32
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2005

Hello there

http://tinyurl.com/7u36e

Yesterday I felt like recording "All By Myself". I already did two years ago but now it needed to be re-done

Eric Carmen wrote and recorded this song first, and it got to #12 in the UK, in April 1976.

Celine Dion made it even more famous in 1996, 20 years later (!), and it got to #6 in the UK top ten.

I have made a cover of Dion's version, but adding a few high notes for pleasure (or torture, depending on how much you like falsetto!)

Well, I enjoyed it very much, I hope you enjoy listening to it too - taking a break from work

Flavio (exhausted after a series of Latin diplomas to translate and a terrible brochure from a German hotel... oh well!)

Direct link Reply with quote

Nick Lingris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:32
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
You got a fan! Jul 22, 2005

This is fantastic, Flavio. Top-notch professional work. Though a bit repetitive, ‘All by myself’ is one of my favourites (to listen to, mind you; I’m an avid listener of music, no singing talents at all), but, man, it’s a song to test anyone’s voice by. I suppose you have also recorded the music and that too is amazingly well done.

I know what it takes. My son (20) wants to get into the music business. He writes the music and the lyrics, sings solo or with his girlfriend, plays the music, mixes everything up on equipment and programs that look like some aeroplane cockpit – all very complicated and totally beyond me.

I have downloaded the mp3 and will make it part of my favourites’ collection. I wish you a career in music – we’ll do our best to fill the gap in the world of translation.

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:32
You have not ceased to impress me! Jul 22, 2005

Hi Flavio!
It all started a while ago when you posted a song from the Farinelli repertoire; then Queen, and now this. Amazing and congratulations! The nicest thing is that I always find your postings in the morning, while I am drinking my coffee, so I get to accompany it with your voice. Thanks!

[Edited at 2005-07-22 12:44]

Vicky Papaprodromou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:32
Member (2004)
English to Greek
+ ...
Magnificent! Jul 22, 2005

If this is the result of your tiredness after translating Latin diplomas, I'll try and find some hundreds of them for you... and us.

Thank you, Flavio - for everything!

hirselina
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Flavio! Jul 22, 2005

Great voice, nice song! If you are half as good a translator as you are a singer, a change of career would certainly be a great loss to the translators' community!

flaviofbg
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!!! Jul 22, 2005

I am very moved, thank you dear friends

Lots of hugs and love to everyone

Flavio (very moved)

Momoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Wow!!! Jul 22, 2005

I must admit it, Flavio: I LOVE your postings! This is the second one I've read so far, but I'm taking a look at ALL your old postings to see what I've been missing all this time!
Barbaro!!!!!

flaviofbg
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Momoka Jul 22, 2005

Momoka wrote:

I must admit it, Flavio: I LOVE your postings! This is the second one I've read so far, but I'm taking a look at ALL your old postings to see what I've been missing all this time!
Barbaro!!!!!

Thank you

xxxsonja29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Don't stop! Jul 22, 2005

I am hooked!

Hugs from your new #1 fan.

Sonja

Scheherezade Suria Lopez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
a nice break... Jul 22, 2005

Hi Flavio!

Thanx for your song. What a peaceful tune to listen to while translating! And to have a break, for I have been unable to keep writing.

It's been a pleasure to "listen" to you again

Take care and keep it up!!!!

Saludos,
Scheherezade

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm in tune! Jul 22, 2005

Hi Flavio,

The year, the name and our working environment made me think immediately about the song title. A good tune and excellent new version to drop a line.

Best regards,

Elías

Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:32
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dear Flavio, Jul 22, 2005

Are you such a good translator that you do not devote your life to singing???

Thanks again!

Andrea

flaviofbg
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! :) Jul 22, 2005

Gracias amigos

Most of the times singing does not pay the bills...

I wish I could make a living out of it... maybe later. Becoming a professional singer with enough income to live well is a long, long process, which involves singing everywhere, getting known, and, the most important thing, getting gigs (that is, concerts).

I sang at a wedding last week

Love,
Flavio

Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
By now... Jul 23, 2005

By now I should know better than to listen to another one of your songs, you always manage to make me weep...shameless beauty does that to me

S.G.

xxxOso
Spanish
+ ...
Speechless Jul 23, 2005

Bravo Flavio!
Please keep enchanting us with your voice.
Un abrazo,
Oso ¶:^)

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A nice moving song for Proz

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs