Off topic: how to book train ticket for Poland online
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß
Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:36
English to German
Aug 29, 2005

Hi Everyone,

I've just spent the last 2 hours organising flights and accommodation and am so excited because I'M ATTENDING THE PROZ CONFERENCE IN KRAKOW!!!!

It's a bit more complicated than I thought because while I'm able to fly out of Glasgow Prestwick, I can't get a flight back there so I'm flying back from Warsaw to Edinburgh. Much better anyway as I live in Edinburgh.

Now, I need to get from Krakow to Warsaw by train and I've found the connection I want on the rozklad.pkp.pl web site but I can't find a link to book my Eurocity train.

Can anyone tell me how to book my train ticket in advance? Or is that not possible?

TIA,

Rebekka

[Edited at 2005-08-29 18:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
Local time: 10:36
German to Polish
+ ...
book online Aug 29, 2005

Hi Rebekka,
you should be able to book it online, print off the booking confirmation and present it either at the ticket office in Kraków or to the conductor on the train.

would you email me your trip details? I could try and see if online booking is available for the train you want to travel on.

HTH
Regards,
Agnieszka

[Edited at 2005-08-29 19:13]

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
PKP on-line booking not available Aug 29, 2005

The web site has undergone an overhaul recently and I was told that on-line booking is temporarily unavailable. This was ca. 3 weeks ago, but I just visited the site now and off-hand I don't see anything that would resemble on-line booking.

There are thousands of trains travelling between Cracow and Warsaw daily, so there should be no problem with buying a ticket.

Pawel Skalinski

English to German
TOPIC STARTER
compulsory booking for EC trains Aug 29, 2005

PAS wrote:

There are thousands of trains travelling between Cracow and Warsaw daily, so there should be no problem with buying a ticket.

Pawel Skalinski

Hi Pawel,

It's just that I want to take a Eurocity at 6am on the Sunday and it states that reservation is compulsory.

Never mind, there's still 3 months to go so hopefully, online booking will be up and running again before then.

Thanks also to Agnieszka for offering help with booking my train tickets.

Hope to meet you both in Krakow

Regards,

Rebekka

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
last minute update Aug 29, 2005

I called PKP. There is NO internet booking, period. They also have no idea when...

You can be adventurous and call the PKP info line to book the tickets. Locally the number is 9436 (anywhere in Poland). Presumably you just need to dial 048 in front of that, but who knows? Maybe someone is smarter than I am.
They have English language service available, but who knows what it's like?

Like I said, there should be no problem with buying a ticket for the train you need.

P.A.S.

p.s. yes, booking is compulsory for Intercity trains, but you can do it 5 minutes before the train leaves. It's just an extra cost of PLN 20(?) for the reservation.

[Edited at 2005-08-29 19:31]

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
not available at the moment Aug 29, 2005

I'm afraid Pawel is right.

The online booking is not available. I tried to ask PKP when they intend to reinstate the online booking, but holding the line for 3+ minutes got on my nerves.

The number of train connections between Kraków and Warsaw is indeed impressive, but if you want a specific train at a specific time I'd book it in advance (call me paranoid).

I think you'll have to check the PKP site from time to time.

There's still plenty of time before the conference,
so chances are the online service will be up again by then.

Regards,
Agnieszka

P.S.: you can also get the ticket in Kraków between Thursday and Saturday.

[Edited at 2005-08-29 19:32]

English to German
TOPIC STARTER
that's what I'll do Aug 29, 2005

Thank you both so much for your help!

Phoning PKP, checking the web site - that's well beyond the call of duty.

I'll just keep checking the site but will probably just go and buy the ticket on the Thursday when I get to Krakow.

Best regards,

Rebekka

Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Deutsche Bahn site Aug 29, 2005

I usually look up trains at http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
and there is a link to hotel reservations as well (in some cases with special rates).

See you in Cracow

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
look up - yes, book - no Aug 29, 2005

Eva Blanar wrote:

I usually look up trains at http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

you can look trains up, but not book the one Rebekka wants
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=212.27&OK#focus

regards,
a

p.s.: oops, the link to my query results links to the query itself, not the results

[Edited at 2005-08-29 22:07]

quocso1
Local time: 15:36
English
benefits from the booking online ? Sep 17, 2005

hello every body?
Can u tell me about the advantages when i booking and the disadvantage.

thanks regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to book train ticket for Poland online

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs