Mobile menu

Off topic: international quality of life survey
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2005

Click in link in text to see details for other countries, methodology etc.

Found this when reading local news this morning. Ireland is top, which rather surprises me, as I lived there for a year recently, and was glad to return to Spain (ranked 10); mind you I was a student, so wasn't benefiting from the 4th highest income level in the world.

Some of my Irish colleagues will be surprised too, they'll have heard of the 'rip-off Ireland' movement....maybe we are just begrudgers after all!

Direct link Reply with quote
Lindsay Sabadosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:48
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Don't believe everything that you read... Sep 2, 2005

As a person who has lived in some of the top- and some of the bottom-ranked countries, I don't think this list makes much sense. Quality of life is what you make out of it, period. No offense to the top rated countries; this is just my experience. In one of the bottom-ranked countries I dealt with shakey plumbing, water that just stopped running regularly and I think I still lived better than I did in a few of the top rated countries; I was certainly happier. And I was making a local salary, living among the locals, etc (i.e. no special privileges). Just my two cents and, in any case, thanks for the diversion.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

international quality of life survey

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs