Thread poster: Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:04
German to Italian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2005

Hi everybody,
I'm travelling to Spain/Portugal in a few days and I'm looking for trains from Lisbon to Vigo and vice versa. A direct connection would be ideal but so far I have found none. Thanks in advance for your help!
Lorenzo

Sheilann
Sheilann  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
Lisbon-Vigo Sep 12, 2005

Duca wrote:

Hi everybody,
I'm travelling to Spain/Portugal in a few days and I'm looking for trains from Lisbon to Vigo and vice versa. A direct connection would be ideal but so far I have found none. Thanks in advance for your help!
Lorenzo

Try this page:
http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
a bus? Sep 12, 2005

Ciao,

I travelled a bit in Spain in June and buses were just fine.
They also go abroad (eg. Portugal).
www.alsa.es

have fun

Paola

Manuel Leite
Manuel Leite  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:04
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In Portugal... Sep 12, 2005

You might want to check the portuguese railways site:

www.cp.pt

They have an English version, search for "UK" at the top of the page.
As for direct trains, I don't think there are any. From Lisbon to Braga you have fast trains. From Braga to near the border (Valença), only slower ones. From the border on, I have no idea.

Have a nice trip...
See more
You might want to check the portuguese railways site:

www.cp.pt

They have an English version, search for "UK" at the top of the page.
As for direct trains, I don't think there are any. From Lisbon to Braga you have fast trains. From Braga to near the border (Valença), only slower ones. From the border on, I have no idea.

Have a nice trip

Manel
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:04
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Autores Sep 12, 2005

I can thoroughly recommend the buses run by Autores - they have services between Vigo and Madrid and from Madrid to Lisbon. There are, I think, two daily services from Madrid to Lisbon and the service takes 7 and a half hours. There are about 3 from Vigo to Madrid daily.

If you can, use the express service. It's not really any quicker, but the buses are much comfier.

C
... See more
I can thoroughly recommend the buses run by Autores - they have services between Vigo and Madrid and from Madrid to Lisbon. There are, I think, two daily services from Madrid to Lisbon and the service takes 7 and a half hours. There are about 3 from Vigo to Madrid daily.

If you can, use the express service. It's not really any quicker, but the buses are much comfier.

Check out their routes and prices here http://www.auto-res.net/index.html?a
Collapse

Lorenzo Lilli
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Sep 12, 2005

Thank you all for your kind replies! The bus is probably the best solution in this case. Thanks again!

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Bus or train but not via Madrid Sep 12, 2005

I remember that my father (who did not speak anything toher than Dutch and English) managed to take a train from Vigo to Lisbon - and that was about 10 years ago so it cannot be that difficult. There are probably buses as well - as long as you keep hugging the coast, I would not go from Lisbon to Vigo via Madrid.... According to this website there ... See more
I remember that my father (who did not speak anything toher than Dutch and English) managed to take a train from Vigo to Lisbon - and that was about 10 years ago so it cannot be that difficult. There are probably buses as well - as long as you keep hugging the coast, I would not go from Lisbon to Vigo via Madrid.... According to this website there are buses from Lisbon to Vigo. http://idtv.det.uvigo.es/es/ubicacion.html#tren
If you go y train you may have to go to (O)Porto first and then change trains. Both Lisbon and Vigo have large bus stations. the website I mentioned has a phone number for the Vigo bus station: +(34) 986 373 411
Collapse

Lorenzo Lilli
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 13, 2005

Thank you too, Anjo!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for trains in Spain/Portugal

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »