Off topic: Another attempt to bring to new life the Nigeria connection?
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:49
English to German
+ ...
Nov 10, 2005

Hi folks!

This is what I received by email (noth proz.com mail) today. I guess I can afford now to retire in the near future.

Especially, I like the CHRISTMANS LOTTERY. On the other hand, it makes me think the message could not be intended to me, for I am not a "CHRISTMAN" at all.

To be serious: I am not aware where they might
... See more
Hi folks!

This is what I received by email (noth proz.com mail) today. I guess I can afford now to retire in the near future.

Especially, I like the CHRISTMANS LOTTERY. On the other hand, it makes me think the message could not be intended to me, for I am not a "CHRISTMAN" at all.

To be serious: I am not aware where they might have found my Email - do I have to fear a Trojan or something?

Are there any of you who have received the same?:

BRIGHT-STAR LOTTO NV,
FROM THE DESK OF THE DIRECTOR,
INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD DEPT.

REF: BSLNV/8965248/05
BATCH: 001/11/05/MER

RE: WINNING NOTIFICATION/FINAL NOTICE.

We are pleased to inform you of the release today the 10th of November 2005, of the 25th edition of our yearly BRIGHT STAR CHRISTMANS BONAZA LOTTO INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM held on the 7th of November 2005. Your personal or company email address attached to ticket number XXX with serial number XXX drew lucky numbers XXXX which consequently won the lotto in the First category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum payout of 1,500,000 Euro (XXX Million ....Euro) in cash credited to file Ref.No XXX. This is from a total cash prize of XXXX Million Euros shared among several international lucky winners in this category.

CONGRATULATIONS. Your fund is now deposited with Access Finance Bvba to your name and due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep this winning private from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted to your designated account.

This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claim and unwarranted taking advantage of this program by participants. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 1,000,000 companies and individual email addresses from all over the world as part of our international promotions program, which takes place once in every year.

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 30th of November 2005. After this date all unclaimed fund will be returned to the pool as unclaimed and included in the next stake.

To file for your claim, please contact our/your fiducial agent,

MR. XXX of the,
ACCESS FINANCE BVBA
E-Mail: [email protected]

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications please remember to quote your reference and batch numbers in all correspondence with your agent. Furthermore, should there be any change of address, do inform your agent as soon as possible.

Anybody under the age of 18 years is automatically disqualified. Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

Sincerely,
Mrs. XXX.
(Lottery Director)
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:49
German to English
+ ...
I often get messages like that Nov 10, 2005

Mark them "spam" and get rid of them.

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 03:49
English to Romanian
I am a little surprised... Nov 10, 2005

...to see that there are still people who waste their time to open and read this kind of junk. I just hit the "Spam" button.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:49
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Steffen Nov 10, 2005

In case you received this through ProZ.com, the most useful thing you could do would be forwarding the message (including full headers) to ProZ.com support. This would help blocking the spammers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another attempt to bring to new life the Nigeria connection?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »