Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:01
German to English
Dec 15, 2005

Subject: THE BLACK BOX

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with U.S. auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black box voice recorders in four-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last moments before the crash.

They were not surprised to find in 44 of the 50 states the recorded last words of drivers in 61
... See more
Subject: THE BLACK BOX

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with U.S. auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black box voice recorders in four-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last moments before the crash.

They were not surprised to find in 44 of the 50 states the recorded last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh, Shit!" But the states of Oklahoma, Tennessee, Missouri and Texas were different, where 89.3 percent of the final words were, "Hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin."
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 09:01
German
+ ...
Hold mah beer, Cletus. Dec 15, 2005

Let me guess the primary cause of death:
Head bumped on shotgun rack?

Francisco Bolaños
Francisco Bolaños  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Beers and children first... Dec 15, 2005

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

claudia bagnardi
claudia bagnardi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
great fun, Kim! Dec 15, 2005

In Argentina - with our "long and winding roads"- the black box would have said, "Gimmi a break! Of course there's enough room to overtake this truck!".
Blacker than black
Claudia

urst
urst  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
very black Dec 15, 2005

argh. now we have proof that the most frequently uttered lat words are "oh shit" / scheiße / mierda / etc. i knew it all along.
i just hope that G.W.B. doesn't die that way... or do I?

PAINT IT BLACK

[Edited at 2005-12-15 23:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Black humor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »