Off topic: Worst actor/actress in history
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore

Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:57
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Dec 26, 2005

I know whatcha thinking... here he comes again with yet another thread about "which is best/worst"... but I am home alone and I am getting bored, so let's mention those whose name for you is sufficient to turn down a movie!

My "favorite" pair: Ben Affleck/Monica Bellucci. Is there a way we can help them finding another job, for movie industry's sake?

Direct link Reply with quote

Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
And how about Maddona? Dec 26, 2005

No questiong her musical savvy...few artists are so chamaleon-like in this field, but after watching "Evita" and "Body of Evidence" one is led to think "Oh boy, what's she's gonna tell her kids when they grow up?"

writeaway  Identity Verified

Partial member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Petula Clark Dec 26, 2005

Her 'performance' in a dreadful remake of 'Good-bye Mr Chips' is by far the worst performance I have ever seen in a film. Note I avoid using the word 'acting'. 'Cause it wasn't. I watched for 15 minutes in disbelief and had to switch it off.

Other movie actors whose presence in a film automatically means I'll never see it are:

Stewart Granger, Victor Mature and Charlton (Charlatan?)Heston
No actresses seem to have such an effect on me,except maybe Doris Day but she's academy award material compared to Petula and the 3 actors I just mentioned.

[Edited at 2005-12-26 22:02]

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jean-Claude Van Damme et al Dec 26, 2005

Van Damme, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal are my very favourite worst actors in history.

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 00:57
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jessica Simpson Dec 26, 2005

My husband just rented T&A - er, excuse me, Dukes of Hazzard, and hoo-boy, have you ever seen one so camera-conscious as this bit of cheesecake.

Let's hear it for the good ones, the ones that take you right into the story and keep you there long after the film is over - Jack Nicholson, NIcholas Cage, Uma thurman, Jeanine Garofalo.

My 2 loonies

Nancy

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
Britney Spears Dec 26, 2005

or Jennifer Lopez any other singer who might have musical qualities (some have, some don't) but thinks that acting in front of the camera is so simple... and of course very convinced of being fantastic actresses we all have been waiting for. Madonna included.

Erik

Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
Juan Orol, Mexico. Dec 26, 2005

Probably unknown for non-mexican people, but you should!
Low budget actor and director, always a veeery bad gangster.
Should I also mention Doris Day and John Wayne?

claudia bagnardi  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
What about Dec 26, 2005

Schwartzeneger (is this the correct spelling?)?
aaaghghhhhh
claudia

Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
Schwartzeneger? Dec 26, 2005

As what?

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
Schwarzenegger? Dec 26, 2005

Actor or politician? To be honest, I haven't noticed any improvement since he went into politics

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:57
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Steven Seagal Dec 27, 2005

One-expression Seagal, hero of several action movies, who keeps a set expression of grim determination on his face at all times, whether appropriate or not.

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
German to English
Steven Seagal Dec 27, 2005

Jack Doughty wrote:

One-expression Seagal, hero of several action movies, who keeps a set expression of grim determination on his face at all times, whether appropriate or not.

I'll certainly avoid any movie this guy's starring in - especially when he's wearing his Zen outfit with gold earrings and whatnot.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
Claire Forlani Dec 27, 2005

who, in the movie Meet Joe Black has made the worst performance I have ever seen on silver screen. But then, the fact that she was acting side by side with Anthony Hopkins the Magnificent probably had made her total lack of talent more conspicuous

Gianni, I enjoy a lot these threads of yours. Are you planning to start a "Most Boring Movie Ever" one, or should I tell now that so far it's been this Meet Joe Black to me?

[Edited at 2005-12-27 00:57]

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 21:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Patrícia França, Brazil Dec 27, 2005

She got famous after playing the main character in the Brazilian series "Tereza Batista Cansada de Guerra", which I haven't really watched because I was "too young" back then. What I do remember being her worst was her portrayal of Eurídice in the movie "Orfeu". When you're acting opposite a singer-turned-actor and he does better than you, you definitely have some problems...

Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 21:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
??? Dec 27, 2005

Gianni Pastore wrote:

My "favorite" pair: Ben Affleck/Monica Bellucci. Is there a way we can help them finding another job, for movie industry's sake?

Really can't defend Ben on this one (even though he kinda convinced me he was blind on "Daredevil"...), but if you've seen "Irreversible" and you still say that Monica Bellucci is the worst, I really don't know where you're coming from...

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Worst actor/actress in history

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs