Off topic: Recipe for a Happy New Year
Thread poster: Pnina
| | Pnina
Local time: 03:57
Italian to Hebrew
Ingredients (for one person):
12 fresh months that have grown in the vegetable garden of time
1500g of love
1500g of good heartedness
1500g of patience
1500g of courage
1500g of hope
1. Peel the months (remove their hard skin, which contains bitterness).
2. Wash the months well, in order to remove any bit of clinging spite.
3. Divide each month into 30 or 31 equal parts. They will be the days.
4. Put into each day 4g of love, 4g of good heartedness, 3g of patience, 3g of courage, and 4g of hope.
5. Pour the micture into boiled water, cook it over high heat, and stir it continuously with a wooden spoon.
6. Let each cooked day cool. Then season it with understanding and kindness.
7. Garnish each day with a smile and a pinch of good spirits.
8. You can taste each day with the addition of enthusiasm and fun.
As a consequence, you will have a wonderful year.
[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-12-31 17:56]
| | cisternas
Local time: 22:57
English to Spanish
| Good recipe! || Dec 30, 2005 |
I will prepare it immediately!
Certainly, with this recipe you will have a wonderful 2006. Happy New Year!
| Thanks for the recipe! || Dec 30, 2005 |
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006!
| | Mieke Tulp
Local time: 02:57
English to Dutch
Thanks for the recipe, sounds like something I would love to have every day. Too bad I am a lousy cook....
Happy new year everybody!
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
Recipe for a Happy New Year
|The words you want Anywhere, Anytime|
WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.
More info »
|Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business|
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
More info »