Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 30, 2005

The New 7 Wonders of the World

Dear ProZmates,

On January 1, 2006 the 21 finalist wonders will be announced in Switzerland (headquarters of New7Wonders).

The 21 names will be published on www.new7wonders.com (probably the largest Internet voting ever!), and we will all be able to vote in order to choose 7 out of 21 sites. It will be possible to vote throughout 2006.
... See more

Dear ProZmates,

On January 1, 2006 the 21 finalist wonders will be announced in Switzerland (headquarters of New7Wonders).

The 21 names will be published on www.new7wonders.com (probably the largest Internet voting ever!), and we will all be able to vote in order to choose 7 out of 21 sites. It will be possible to vote throughout 2006.

On January 1, 2007, the New 7 Wonders of the World will be announced in a huge live global television event.

Wonderful, isn't it!

Au
Collapse

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:45
English to Romanian
Wonderful, indeed! Dec 30, 2005

Thanks for the announcement, I didn't know about this project.
I will vote!

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 08:45
English to Greek
+ ...
Very interesting.... Dec 30, 2005

Thank you Aurora and Happy New Year full of health, joy and millions of beautiful wonders.

Nadia

Sol
Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
discovered? Dec 30, 2005

Aurora Humarán wrote:
The 21 names will be published on www.new7wonders.com

Thank-you, Aurora. I think it's a great idea, but didn't you find it a little unnerving that in the introduction they talk about NEW and DISCOVERED structures? I hope they are talking about "discovered" as in unburied, and not as in something not know to a certain group! Don't get me wrong, I do think all structures not considered in the previous 7 wonders should definitely be considered now even if they were older, but to call something DISCOVERED just because it wasn't know to the Europeans, sounds a little... ethnocentric?

[Edited at 2005-12-30 19:08]

Aurora Humarán (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Probably Dec 31, 2005

Sol wrote:

I hope they are talking about "discovered" as in unburied,

I also think so, Sol.

I would much appreciate if the first prozian who gets the information on the 21 candidates could post it here.
Thanks!

Au

Aurora Humarán (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The 21 final candidates and one year to vote Jan 3, 2006

http://cms.n7w.com/voting1f.php

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »