Obtaining residency in Spain for non-EUs
Thread poster: Mary Bauer

Mary Bauer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 27, 2006

I am American and just got married to my Catalan boyfriend. I have been here for quite some time and am "empadronado". I have spent days now browsing and listening to busy tones and looking for information. If anyone out there has gone through the legalisation process, I would love to hear from you and would be greatly and deeply thankful.
There is a lot of information out there, but I have not managed to find out anything about my situation.
Thanks in advance, Mary

Direct link Reply with quote

Patricia Mesa  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:17
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some info Apr 27, 2006

You probably know about this site, but here it goes

http://www.inmigracionyvisas.com/a012-equipo-vistazo.html

Rebecca Jowers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:17
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Régimen Comunitario Apr 27, 2006

By virtue of marriage to an EU citizen, you may apply for a "tarjeta de residencia en régimen comunitario." Here is the pertinent page of the Ministerio del Interior website:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/extranje/regimen_comunitario/index.html

atiya rashid
English
residendy for spain Jul 7, 2006

hi i m a pakistani girl and here in spain living since 2004 but i have some proof for living here but not recomemnded plz u told me that what can i do now ,and i have a padrona mento from barcelona dated 11 november 2004.i m divorced from germany in may 2005

[Edited at 2006-07-07 19:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Obtaining residency in Spain for non-EUs

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs