Off topic: How can I convert a musical piece into a ring tone?
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 23:20
English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2006

Hi!but chose this place because it has nothing to do with translation profession.
I have some very old church music (kirchenchor aus Süddeutschland) Well I wish to know how I can get this into my mobile. It is capable of polytronic ring tones, but no provider offers these. Can tech geek help me. Thank you for everything now itself. Best Brandis

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-17 12:39]

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Make a mono mp3 Aug 17, 2006

cut the piece you want and save it as mono mp3 (64 or so).

At least my old Siemens can upload that.
And all new devices for sure.

If I remember you said once you have Wavelab.

There is a lot of tools to create "rings"
I think if you search for things like "convert mp3 to mobil" you will get a lot of links.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
for some reason I know Aug 17, 2006

Fernando Toledo wrote:

I think if you search for things like "convert mp3 to mobil" you will get a lot of links.
you would respond. Thank you for the tip I haven´t loaded Wavelab, but shall do now. Inform me of your mailid - I would like to send some info about localization. Thank you once again. Best Brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok after conversion Aug 17, 2006

Fernando Toledo wrote:

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok after conversion Aug 17, 2006

Fernando Toledo wrote:

HI agian, isn´t there some hardware part that can regulate uploading and downloading to my mobile. After all I do not wish to share these themes. Would you know of such issues. Best Brandis

Fernando Toledo
Spain
German to Spanish
How old Aug 17, 2006

Brandis wrote:

Fernando Toledo wrote:

HI agian, isn´t there some hardware part that can regulate uploading and downloading to my mobile. After all I do not wish to share these themes. Would you know of such issues. Best Brandis

is your Mobil? polyphony doesn't meant that it can play audio.

Some old devices plays only midi files or some proprietary formats.

My phone has a card where you can download what you want and the phone system can play mp3, you have to know which formats can deal your phone.

Try with some converter, there is a lot.
But maybe yoir phone cannot play audio

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is infact one of the latest nokia type Aug 17, 2006

does wap signalling etc., movies and music all that stuff including browsing, smart capture all that. But they haven´t provided any further hardware part that can be directly connected to a PC-networking system. That would simplify the dust networks to a great extent into standardized communication. PC-Networks are standardized to most extent but the cabling is still finding newer technologies, and the plugging interfaces as well. I did some local searching, but found no stuff that connects eff... See more
does wap signalling etc., movies and music all that stuff including browsing, smart capture all that. But they haven´t provided any further hardware part that can be directly connected to a PC-networking system. That would simplify the dust networks to a great extent into standardized communication. PC-Networks are standardized to most extent but the cabling is still finding newer technologies, and the plugging interfaces as well. I did some local searching, but found no stuff that connects effectively to a PC- or an audio system. How to??Best BrandisCollapse

Fernando Toledo
Spain
German to Spanish
Hm? Aug 17, 2006

You can connect your cellular with a cable. In any cheap electronic shop you get it for ten € or so for your model.

http://www.druckerzubehoer.de/shop/category.phtml?catid=6308030&shopid=1f55cccb00f617e48389cf30e9c778de&lng=de_DE
Have you bluetooth? your Nokia has no card inside?

Infrared?... See more
You can connect your cellular with a cable. In any cheap electronic shop you get it for ten € or so for your model.

http://www.druckerzubehoer.de/shop/category.phtml?catid=6308030&shopid=1f55cccb00f617e48389cf30e9c778de&lng=de_DE
Have you bluetooth? your Nokia has no card inside?

Infrared?

All Mobiles can be synchronized with a PC (Outlook, Calender, Media files, etc.)

Install Nokia PC-Suite

(http://nds2.nokia-asia.nokia.com/nokia/0,,78344,00.htm)

(you will need to copy it manually, the link may not work cause the ","

Rgds

How did you synchronised your contacts, emails, calender etc. till now?

[Bearbeitet am 2006-08-17 14:30]
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:20
English to French
+ ...
SUPER Aug 18, 2006

I recently downloaded a free piece of software for video and audio conversion, and it has several cell phone file formats it can convert into.

It's called SUPER and you can get it here: http://www.erightsoft.com/home.html

It makes .3gp files, for example, which is a Nokia proprietary format. Try it, it has chances of working (I have converted some video files with it, it work
... See more
I recently downloaded a free piece of software for video and audio conversion, and it has several cell phone file formats it can convert into.

It's called SUPER and you can get it here: http://www.erightsoft.com/home.html

It makes .3gp files, for example, which is a Nokia proprietary format. Try it, it has chances of working (I have converted some video files with it, it works great).

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I convert a musical piece into a ring tone?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »