Mobile menu

Off topic: Thanks to Aurora and company for sharing!
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:48
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Aug 30, 2006

Thank you for sharing the photos, bios, program, etc. from the Proz conference in Buenos Aires. It is nice to see so many colleagues we know through the fora and the Kudoz having such a good time. It was a huge undertaking and all that worked to make it possible deserve our recognition and applause. Definitely, a success!

Direct link Reply with quote

Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
This is so sweet of you, Luisa. Aug 30, 2006

Thank you so very much for your words, Luisa.

This has certainly been an amazing experience (and my 'amazing' comprises a wide array of adjectives ).

I confess I still have not been able to metabolize or get back to my normal life.

I am preparing a thread that will somehow help you all have an idea of what the conference was about.

Thank you so very much to those prozians coming from abroad. I imagine this has been a great effort and truly hope it was worth every peso. I regret I was not able to share more time with most of you. It has been a real pleasure for us, porteños, to have you in Buenos Aires.

I have the feeling that we had a great conference, a very special Gala Dinner and the largest powwow ever (in which we even danced until 3 am remembering music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s!)

You will hear more from me soon!

Au

Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:48
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks for the pics Aug 30, 2006

Especially for those who couldn't be there (like me) photo's are wonderful.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:48
English to Turkish
Congratulations, Aurora Aug 30, 2006

Just viewed the conference pictures. I knew you would organize a great event, and you have! Pictures are great, and what a beautiful city Buenos Aires is! Congratulations for the whole effort. Now, you need a good rest, I think

Özden

Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for your kind words! Sep 1, 2006

Those pictures are just an advance. I will soon start a thread that will help those who have not attended the conference to have an idea of what we lived. It will also help me to have an idea of what happened, as I am still too bewildered to understand anything!

Au

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thanks to Aurora and company for sharing!

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs