Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Off topic: If you had to choose one food, which one would be it?
Thread poster: Eva T
Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
Peanut butter soup Sep 23, 2006

Mine is a strange one but it is so good. Caveat, you should like peanut butter. I am not sure where it originated from, Japan I think or perhaps Israel.

It is a hearty soup that is eaten as a whole meal. the stock is chicken and cooked plantains are added to it. You have to shape the plantains like dumplings.

If any of you adventurous souls want to try it, I'lll be happy to share the recipe.

Lucinda

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Fried herring fillet Sep 23, 2006

My favourite is a traditional Swedish recipy which consists of fried herring fillets, turned in wheat-flour, served with boiled potatoes and sour cream topped with chopped chives.

Could eat it every day!

Erik

[Bearbeitet am 2006-09-23 21:41]

Gabriela Lozano
Gabriela Lozano  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Something with peanut butter...and chicken! Sep 23, 2006

Lucinda Hollenberg wrote:

Mine is a strange one but it is so good. Caveat, you should like peanut butter. I am not sure where it originated from, Japan I think or perhaps Israel.

It is a hearty soup that is eaten as a whole meal. the stock is chicken and cooked plantains are added to it. You have to shape the plantains like dumplings.

If any of you adventurous souls want to try it, I'lll be happy to share the recipe.

Lucinda

Two of my favorite things! I had never imagined them together! Lucinda, would you share the recipe with me? I'd love to try it!

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 17:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Pork chops, any style at all Sep 23, 2006

But the ones my husband cooked last week over a mezquite fire were the best ever! And if it has to be the last thing I eat, then don't trim off the fat.

Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)
Irina Dicovsky - MD (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Salmon - marinated and broiled Sep 23, 2006

....Or just broiled---Or raw (sashimi)
Salmon 4ever!

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Rice for me Sep 23, 2006

I thought pizza & ice cream but I am a definitely a fan of Imperial Rice. Layers of yellow rice and shredded chicken topped with cheese and baked. Comes out as tall as a lasagna. Some fried ripe plantains on the side, please.

(Jane, you forgot to mention the "mofongo" but I bet you had it!)

[Edited at 2006-09-23 23:34]

[Edited at 2006-09-23 23:34]

[Edited at 2006-09-23 23:35]

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Spaghettis with red sauce Sep 23, 2006

Sauce cooked with 1/4 cup of sweet wine

Pamela

Fan Gao
Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 07:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
Traditional Sunday Roast Sep 24, 2006

Hi,
For my one and only last meal I would have the traditional Sunday roast which I miss desperately:

Roast beef, horseradish sauce, crispy roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, buttered brussel sprouts, all swimming in a gorgeous gravy. mmm mmm:) Now I'm even more homesick!

Failing that I'd like to go to Sophia's farm house for her oven roast chicken with home grown veg:)

All the best,
Mark

Ann Bishop (X)
Ann Bishop (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Dutch to English
+ ...
Indian/Sushi Sep 24, 2006

Anything Indian, but my favorite is spicy Lamb Vindaloo (although for health purposes I would have to go with my other favorite:sushi...)

My parents are surely disappointed I am not saying French Fries (as a Belgian)...oops...

Now I am in the mood for food again, will go and have some green tea ice cream.

Happy eating!

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:11
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Arepa Sep 24, 2006

¡Reina pepiada! ¡sabor! ¡sabroso!

The Venezuelan most delicious food, a sort of cake or bread made of precooked corn flour. My favourite one is the "Reina Pepiada", filled with chicken, avocado and mayonnaise.

See the image at: http://www.caracasarepabar.com/images/menu_gal_arepas_reina.jpg

Regards

Clarisa

Stephen Rifkind
Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 00:11
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oysters Sep 24, 2006

I'd take two dozen oysters from Britainy pulled 10 minutes before they arrived at my table. Served with a lemon, it is a heaven for me!

Stephen Rifkind

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:41
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Samosas or Jalebis Sep 24, 2006

It will be a toss of a coin between these two.

And the samosas should be Lucknavi samosas and should be hot and spicy, fresh from the kadahi.

Jalebis should be dripping sugar syrup and I will like to have them with milk.

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:11
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Two options Sep 24, 2006

If it is "for the rest of your life" as in "tomorrow is your last day on Earth", definitely homemade gnocchi with pesto.

If it is "you will live your normal span of years, but from now on you can only eat one thing alone", I would say bread, preferably a good chewy Pugliese bread.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Weird as it may sound... Sep 24, 2006

Potato wedges, boiled, with parsley. I know, it's not in line with what others suggested, but I am guessing that the real question is what food do you imagine you could never get tired of. I WOULD get tired of cheesecake and the like after a while - but potatoes, in all forms, are something I will never get tired of.

I guess I am a very simple person with simple tastes

EmmanuelleAn (X)
EmmanuelleAn (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:11
English to French
+ ...
Foie Gras Sep 24, 2006

Foie Gras is my number one. Chocolate would have been the second option!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If you had to choose one food, which one would be it?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »