Mobile menu

Off topic: Dane looking for Skypers to practice English on
Thread poster: Morten Olesen

Morten Olesen
Local time: 11:50
English to Danish
Sep 30, 2006

Hello, I am a Danish artist with a distant, never fully "substantiated" background as a translator. Lived 4 years in London and thus acquired a taste for curries and UK comedies - vindaloo and Coogan, eg. Need to practice my spoken English, and my written ditto too I guess (make my own Indian food) If you feel/find you have the time to chat via Skype now and then, let me know. I, in turn, will keep you posted when something happens on the painting front : -). And I am good!
Skype name: fangok

[Edited at 2006-10-01 07:29]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Luque Bedregal  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
visited your website Sep 30, 2006

Hi Moggy,

I've just visited your website. I don't know much about art, but I enjoy it (going to art galleries, museums, etc.), and I liked some of your paintings very much.
Congratulations on your art! Thanks for your sharing it with us
Best regards and have a nice weekend!

[Edited at 2006-09-30 17:52]

Michèle Ménard  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
Not very helpful but... Sep 30, 2006

Hi Morten,
unfortunately I am not the right person to help you practice you English (mine is getting worst every day)...
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I really like your paintings (and Indian food too), especially those with the cats - as you told in your message, you're good!

Have a nice weekend!

Florence B  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Artists and translators Oct 1, 2006

Hi Moggy
You may not have realized it yet, but as things happen - many translators are artists too - painters, singers etc. - so you're in the right place indeed

However, I would advise editing your posting above and removing the email address - people can easily find you using the messaging feature on your page anyway - spam robots are restlessly harvesting email addresses from forums and you could end up being flooded with not quite the kind of emails that you're expecting

(painter herself too)

Morten Olesen
English to Danish
Tah very much, and keep it coming..... Oct 1, 2006

Thank you ever so much for the positive feedback I am not looking for particular accents or native speakers of English, just someone (or more) with a reasonable command of the lingo, really....One of my best friends is Irish, and her accent certainly differs from the Queen's English I was taught. However, she speaks perfect English.
Maybe I should use this forum more often as a testing ground for my latest work....
My girlfriend is currently updating my site, so stay tuned (it happens every 6 years or so).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dane looking for Skypers to practice English on

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs