Off topic: Anyone having difficulties with unsolicited e-mails from other translation site?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:30
English to German
+ ...
Oct 9, 2006

There is a certain translation site that offers an agency list to their members.

Unfortunately, they have repeatedely put me on that list although I am not an agency, and have failed to remove me from that list after I have asked them to do so, and I keep getting CVs from translators with completely different language pairs.

I am now planning to write a letter to the CEO, and hoped that it would have a greater impact if more translators were involved.

If y
... See more
There is a certain translation site that offers an agency list to their members.

Unfortunately, they have repeatedely put me on that list although I am not an agency, and have failed to remove me from that list after I have asked them to do so, and I keep getting CVs from translators with completely different language pairs.

I am now planning to write a letter to the CEO, and hoped that it would have a greater impact if more translators were involved.

If you know who I am talking about and you want to get off their list, but haven't been able to reach them, contact me via my profile. Thanks.

Sonja

P.S. Before any of you tell me to "simply" contact them to get off their list: that's what I've tried, and it didn't work. And no, simply deleting the unsolicited e-mails from my inbox isn't the right solution for me... not this time.
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
I know what you're talking about Oct 10, 2006

I had this problem when they first started with the list. It took me several firm (from friendly to quite annoyed) emails, but they took me out in the end. Actually, I think they took me out immediately, the problem is that some people don't download the latest update of the list, so it takes time for the changes to sink in
GL!

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:30
French to English
+ ...
Happened to me too Oct 10, 2006

The flow of unsolicited emails has gradually dried up, so I believe the story told to me by a member of their support staff that my address has been removed from their agency list.

I was mightily unimpressed that it had been put on their agency list in the first place, though, and the likelihood of my ever doing any kind of business with this outfit is now zero.

It was also eye-opening to see some of the unsolicited mails from translators...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone having difficulties with unsolicited e-mails from other translation site?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »