[Edited at 2006-10-11 11:17]

Cintia Pecellin
Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:50
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Just not funny... Oct 11, 2006

I just don't find these 'jokes' funny, sorry. I believe they do nothing but perpetuate the eternal submissive role women have suffered for centuries, and continue to transmit a very erroneous stereotype.
Besides that, I don’t believe it does any good to men either, demising them too as thinking and reasoning human beings…

I know you didn’t mean to bother or ‘nag’ anyone, just trying to provoke an easy laugh, but I find these ‘jokes’ offending and somehow insultin
... See more
I just don't find these 'jokes' funny, sorry. I believe they do nothing but perpetuate the eternal submissive role women have suffered for centuries, and continue to transmit a very erroneous stereotype.
Besides that, I don’t believe it does any good to men either, demising them too as thinking and reasoning human beings…

I know you didn’t mean to bother or ‘nag’ anyone, just trying to provoke an easy laugh, but I find these ‘jokes’ offending and somehow insulting to women.

But hey, just get me flowers and diamonds and I’ll shut my pretty little mouth, right?
Collapse

Puicz (X)
Puicz (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
Humour Oct 11, 2006

Thanks for that Ehab.
Keep the (attempts at) humour coming, although this particular item is not the kind of thing that raises a huge laugh with me. There are thousands of things that some people laugh at – e.g. certain TV ’comedy’ series – that would get a zero from a lot of other people.
Humour plays a central role in our lives, so let’s keep our perspectives light and not read into everything an attempt to undermine women, animals, men, etc. etc.

Ehab Tantawy
Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:50
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A lot of Flowers and Diamonds Oct 11, 2006

Cintia Pecellin wrote:

I know you didn’t mean to bother or ‘nag’ anyone, just trying to provoke an easy laugh, but I find these ‘jokes’ offending and somehow insulting to women.

But hey, just get me flowers and diamonds and I’ll shut my pretty little mouth, right?

Hi Cintia
Actually, i was received such bothering joke by email, may i expected it may be funny, but now i am sure it is not. Sorry for causing bothering or making you angry.

Actually, i do not know how to close this topic, but i promise that i will try to do.

Thanks

Cintia Pecellin
Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
No need to, Ehab Oct 11, 2006

There's no need to close this thread, Ehab, it's good that these points are made clear and public, but thanks for the offer.

I am not angry, just bothered, but I'll get over it Thank you for getting on my shoes and walking a mile.

Regards,
Cintia.

Ehab Tantawy
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 11, 2006

Cintia Pecellin wrote:

There's no need to close this thread, Ehab, it's good that these points are made clear and public, but thanks for the offer.

I am not angry, just bothered, but I'll get over it Thank you for getting on my shoes and walking a mile.

Regards,
Cintia.

Thanks for your kind words.
Actually, i found that this funny topic was seen more than 200 views, with only 2 replys, that made me sure that it is not funny for a large % of readers.

Thanks again for alerting me.

I will try at the future to select the best topics.

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Ehab

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Just to give another opinion Oct 11, 2006

This joke already took its way across the Internet some years ago and I am very familiar with it. I like it and still think it is a nice ironic way to characterize some of the problems some men may encounter when starting a serious relationship.

What we did back then was to tell the story of husband 1.0:
Dear Sirs:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and
... See more
This joke already took its way across the Internet some years ago and I am very familiar with it. I like it and still think it is a nice ironic way to characterize some of the problems some men may encounter when starting a serious relationship.

What we did back then was to tell the story of husband 1.0:
Dear Sirs:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed that the new program began making unexpected changes to the accounting software, severely limiting access to wardrobe, flower, and jewelry applications that operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure. In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalls many other valuable programs such as DinnerDancing 7.5, CruiseShip 2.3, and Opera Night 6.1 and installs new, undesirable programs such as Poker Night 1.3, SaturdayFootball 5.0, Golf 2.4 and ClutterEverywhere 4.5. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and invariably crashes the system. Under no circumstances will it run DiaperChanging 14.1or HouseCleaning 2.6. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix Husband 1.0, but this all purpose utility is of limited effectiveness. Can you help please!!!!

Sometimes it is good to just have a little laugh and get on with life!
Collapse

Kemal Mustajbegovic
Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:50
English to Croatian
+ ...
Good onya, Claudia! Oct 11, 2006

I just don't find these 'jokes' funny, sorry. I believe they do nothing but perpetuate the eternal submissive role men have suffered for centuries, and continue to transmit a very erroneous stereotype.
Besides that, I don’t believe it does any good to women either, demising them too as thinking and reasoning human beings…

I know you didn’t mean to bother or ‘nag’ anyone, just trying to provoke an easy laugh, but I find these ‘jokes’ offending and somehow insultin
... See more
I just don't find these 'jokes' funny, sorry. I believe they do nothing but perpetuate the eternal submissive role men have suffered for centuries, and continue to transmit a very erroneous stereotype.
Besides that, I don’t believe it does any good to women either, demising them too as thinking and reasoning human beings…

I know you didn’t mean to bother or ‘nag’ anyone, just trying to provoke an easy laugh, but I find these ‘jokes’ offending and somehow insulting to men.

But hey, just get me beer and slippers and I’ll shut my big mouth, right?

P.S. What's all the fuss about?
Collapse

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
That is why ... Oct 11, 2006

Kemal Mustajbegovic wrote:

I believe they do nothing but perpetuate the eternal submissive role men have suffered for centuries, and continue to transmit a very erroneous stereotype.

That is exactly why I like them so much ...

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
It serves no-one to suppress humour Oct 12, 2006

I found Ehab's original posting quite funny. I didn't know it yet, unlike most internet fun that is circulated and basically was already known in the age of copy-machine humour.
Women should try to answer with humour to such jokes, instead of trying to ban them from sight. If humour is too difficult one should stay away from such subjects.
This reminds me of women who swear never to buy toyguns to their boys. So their boys take sticks and maybe carrots to play indians and cowboys or
... See more
I found Ehab's original posting quite funny. I didn't know it yet, unlike most internet fun that is circulated and basically was already known in the age of copy-machine humour.
Women should try to answer with humour to such jokes, instead of trying to ban them from sight. If humour is too difficult one should stay away from such subjects.
This reminds me of women who swear never to buy toyguns to their boys. So their boys take sticks and maybe carrots to play indians and cowboys or whatever.
Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Ehab Tantawy
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Heinrich Oct 12, 2006

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

This reminds me of women who swear never to buy toyguns to their boys. So their boys take sticks and maybe carrots to play indians and cowboys or whatever.
Regards
Heinrich

Dear Heinrich

Many thanks for your supportive reply.

Yours,
Ehab

Marcela Mestre
Marcela Mestre  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:50
English to Spanish
surprising answer from a student Oct 12, 2006

Hi Ehab and all,

I also found Ehab's original post really funny (and not offensive at all). Therefore, I copy-pasted and e-mailed it to my First Certificate Students at university (all adults).
I was really surprised today to get a well thought-out reply, which I am now pasting:

Dear User,

We are really grateful you have trusted on our
marvellous software product Wife 1.0. We are
absolutely proud of it !! We will help you right now
... See more
Hi Ehab and all,

I also found Ehab's original post really funny (and not offensive at all). Therefore, I copy-pasted and e-mailed it to my First Certificate Students at university (all adults).
I was really surprised today to get a well thought-out reply, which I am now pasting:

Dear User,

and support you with some normal troubleshouting you
could suffer using it.

First of all, I'd like to tell you the main
difference between this package and the well-known
older version Girlfriend x.x. You can imagine this
programme doesn't work for a very long time. Moreover,
Wife 1.0 is terribly better than Mamitis1.0, which is
seen very often nowadays in some PCs. And surely, you
won't forget the date you upgrade it to Wife 1.0 for
ever.

Probably, you became surprised the first time you
discovered installed into your start menu two older
programs, which sometimes turns really heavy:
Father-and-Mother-in-law1.0. I'd advise you to take it
easy because it's a very useful package, specially to
control some kind of viruses.

Sooner or later, these viruses will appear in the
following years. In my case, I suffered from three of
them: TroyanoChild1, DestroyerChild2, and LittleGirl3.
My goodness, I hope no one more appears in my future
!!! Anyway, I must admit, I cannot live anymore
without them. When I talk with each of them I feel
like touching the sky with my hands.

Above the overall situation, I highly recommend to
run and explore Wife 1.0. I assure you couldn't stop
discovering new facilities and amenities through the
years. And moreover, the older I get, the more
important it become. Using Wife1.0 I've learnt some
other related and very useful applications, as for
instance, Dialog3.0, Tolerance2.0, ThinkDifferent4.0,
Comprehension5.0 and so on. On the other hand, I don't
use anymore some other programs I was used to running
every day such as IAmTheBest1.0,
IHaveAlwaysTheReason1.0, TheEarthMovesAroundMe1.0,
etc, etc.

Make your own experience. It's the best adventure and
lifestyle software I've ever discovered. You will love
it.

Tech Support Team

I hope you liked it as much as I did!
mm
Collapse

Ehab Tantawy
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Story Again Oct 12, 2006

OK All as i found other views that can accept my thread as funny, so here is the thread again:

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend version 7.0 to Wife version 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as ... See more
OK All as i found other views that can accept my thread as funny, so here is the thread again:

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend version 7.0 to Wife version 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0 , Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6
I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 , but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks,

A Troubled User. (KEEP READING)

REPLY:
Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM..

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0. is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0. manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0. and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0. is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0. comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0 , Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.

However, be very careful how you use these programs Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5 Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 !

WARNING!!! DO NOT , under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0. and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
Tech Support

Thanks Marcela for your support.
Ehab
Collapse

Ehab Tantawy
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Marcela Oct 12, 2006

Marcela Mestre wrote:

Hi Ehab and all,

Dear User,

and support you with some normal troubleshouting you
could suffer using it.

First of all, I'd like to tell you the main
difference between this package and the well-known
older version Girlfriend x.x. You can imagine this
programme doesn't work for a very long time. Moreover,
Wife 1.0 is terribly better than Mamitis1.0, which is
seen very often nowadays in some PCs. And surely, you
won't forget the date you upgrade it to Wife 1.0 for
ever.

Probably, you became surprised the first time you
discovered installed into your start menu two older
programs, which sometimes turns really heavy:
Father-and-Mother-in-law1.0. I'd advise you to take it
easy because it's a very useful package, specially to
control some kind of viruses.

Sooner or later, these viruses will appear in the
following years. In my case, I suffered from three of
them: TroyanoChild1, DestroyerChild2, and LittleGirl3.
My goodness, I hope no one more appears in my future
!!! Anyway, I must admit, I cannot live anymore
without them. When I talk with each of them I feel
like touching the sky with my hands.

Above the overall situation, I highly recommend to
run and explore Wife 1.0. I assure you couldn't stop
discovering new facilities and amenities through the
years. And moreover, the older I get, the more
important it become. Using Wife1.0 I've learnt some
other related and very useful applications, as for
instance, Dialog3.0, Tolerance2.0, ThinkDifferent4.0,
Comprehension5.0 and so on. On the other hand, I don't
use anymore some other programs I was used to running
every day such as IAmTheBest1.0,
IHaveAlwaysTheReason1.0, TheEarthMovesAroundMe1.0,
etc, etc.

Make your own experience. It's the best adventure and
lifestyle software I've ever discovered. You will love
it.

Tech Support Team

I hope you liked it as much as I did!
mm

Thanks Marcela for your Opinion.
Beast Regards,
Ehab

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dear Tech Support:

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »