Off topic: Loony (but realy loony !!) laws about animals
Thread poster: C Greene
C Greene
C Greene  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:13
English to French
Oct 22, 2002

While searching the Net for some legal material, we came across this website ...

Well, we knew laws could be strange, but we never imagined they could be THAT strange !!!

Hope you enjoy

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/loonylaws.htm

A. DePaiva
A. DePaiva
Germany
English to German
Really entertaining Oct 22, 2002

Thank you very much!

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Genius has limitations Oct 22, 2002

...stupidity is boundless.

At first I thought these reports were mere urban legends (some of them may be), but I\'ve just verified the second one on the list you\'ve mentioned:

\"The local council in Lorinc, Hungary issued new regulations in 2001, saying cats can only be taken on to the street on leads. Officials say the measure will protect the public from the \'dangerous menace of free range cats.\'\"

Well, apparently there\'s even
... See more
...stupidity is boundless.

At first I thought these reports were mere urban legends (some of them may be), but I\'ve just verified the second one on the list you\'ve mentioned:

\"The local council in Lorinc, Hungary issued new regulations in 2001, saying cats can only be taken on to the street on leads. Officials say the measure will protect the public from the \'dangerous menace of free range cats.\'\"

Well, apparently there\'s even more to it. According to Hungarian news services, the regulation

a) prohibits the eating of animal excrements (with a detailed list of what qualifies as animal excrement)

b) forces holders of a hunting licence to shoot all cats they catch sight of outside the town\'s borders

As reported by two Hungarian news services:

www.index.hu/politika/bulvar/poraz/

www.radio88.hu/bulvar2.htm

(both links in Hungarian, unfortunately)

I\'m less proud of my Hungarian origins now

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-22 18:15 ]
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
LOL Oct 22, 2002

\"No dog should be in a public place without its master on a leash\".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Loony (but realy loony !!) laws about animals

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »