Off topic: Birth of Alexandra Graham
Thread poster: Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:16
Spanish to English
Oct 25, 2002

I\'m really pleased to let you all know that my daughter, Alex, was born on her late grandfather\'s birthday, 15 October, at 8:52 pm by caesarean in the maternity hospital in Barcelona. She weighed exactly four kilos and was 52 cm long.

I\'m now discovering the joys of dirty nappies, endless washing and sleepless nights!!!!

Hope to be back with you all soon.

Thanks for all your best wishes everyone,

Nikki

... See more
I\'m really pleased to let you all know that my daughter, Alex, was born on her late grandfather\'s birthday, 15 October, at 8:52 pm by caesarean in the maternity hospital in Barcelona. She weighed exactly four kilos and was 52 cm long.

I\'m now discovering the joys of dirty nappies, endless washing and sleepless nights!!!!

Hope to be back with you all soon.

Thanks for all your best wishes everyone,

Nikki

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-25 13:10 ]
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome Alexandra! Oct 25, 2002

A kiss to the minilady and a hug to the proud mother!

I´m sure proZ is full of mothers willing to help you should you need any help. Don´t go to KudoZ, ask us...whatever you need: diapers, clothes, teddy bears, home medicines, how to sleep (in spite of), how to handle \"relatives\", how to handle Alexandra´s father, and so on...

Hugs and kisses from Argentina Nikki,

Au

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:16
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Felicidades Nikki Oct 25, 2002

and welcome, Alexandra. Four Kilos, that\'s really a good weight!

Congratulations for the whole family

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
¡Enhorabuena! Oct 25, 2002

I\'ll get back to you in late April to ask you... I should deliver my baby by then.

Cheers!!!

P.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Félicitations Nikki!!! Oct 25, 2002

Congratulations my dear!

I am very happy for you and yes, if you need to know any tips or if you need ideas on how to cope with certain things... come here and we\'ll help you out!

Nathalie (mother of 2 teenagers!)

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Congrats, Nikki... and Pilar!!! Oct 25, 2002

You\'ll both have your hands full for a looong time, but it will also be the best time of your lives!

Muchos cariños,

Andrea

Oso (X)
Oso (X)
Spanish
+ ...
Welcome to your life Alexandra!!! ¶:^) Oct 25, 2002

You have a bunch of buddies here who would be really excited to play with you, (me first!!! , tell you a story, sing you to sleep, give you a piggyback ride (in my case \"bearyback\"), while mommy translates or rests or has fun at ProZ

I am now sending you a gentle bearhug.

You know something, Alex?

See more
You have a bunch of buddies here who would be really excited to play with you, (me first!!! , tell you a story, sing you to sleep, give you a piggyback ride (in my case \"bearyback\"), while mommy translates or rests or has fun at ProZ

I am now sending you a gentle bearhug.

You know something, Alex?

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

Your friend,

Oso ¶:^)
Collapse

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Is flirting permitted here???? Oct 25, 2002

Congratulations, Nikki!!!

I\'ve got a little 5-week older here who\'s been scouting the personals lately Any chance of a matchup???

Alexandra is a beautiful name, and I\'m sure she\'s a beautiful child. Enjoy, take time for her! I\'m doing it, and not regretting a minute of it. Some of the other luxuries which we have to forego pale in comparison to the joy
... See more
Congratulations, Nikki!!!

I\'ve got a little 5-week older here who\'s been scouting the personals lately Any chance of a matchup???

Alexandra is a beautiful name, and I\'m sure she\'s a beautiful child. Enjoy, take time for her! I\'m doing it, and not regretting a minute of it. Some of the other luxuries which we have to forego pale in comparison to the joy which these little people bring into our lives. Saludos!!!

Bill
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:16
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
¡Felicidades!!! Oct 25, 2002

(Sorry, I don\'t know how to say the following in English)

Además de la dicha de sus sonrisas y de tener junto a tí la bebé más hermosa del mundo, tendrás la dicha de aprender a traducir amamantando o dando el biberón... No desfallezcas, se aprende y se disfruta!! Esta es una de las mejores profesiones pues te permite ser profesional y trabajar y al mismo tiempo, ver crecer a tu niña a tiempo completo!!

Cheer
... See more
(Sorry, I don\'t know how to say the following in English)

Además de la dicha de sus sonrisas y de tener junto a tí la bebé más hermosa del mundo, tendrás la dicha de aprender a traducir amamantando o dando el biberón... No desfallezcas, se aprende y se disfruta!! Esta es una de las mejores profesiones pues te permite ser profesional y trabajar y al mismo tiempo, ver crecer a tu niña a tiempo completo!!

Cheers!!

Clarisa
Collapse

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 03:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Felicidades Nikki & Alexandra and the happy Daddy! Oct 25, 2002

Best Wishes to the happy parents. May God bring you happiness and all the beauties of parenthood! A child is always God blessing, so enjoy her!

Any help, you have all the proz\'s mamies. My kids are already grown up and gone, so any help, I\'ll be more than glad to give it to you! Even though no matter how old they are, you are always learning new staff with them!

Enjoy your parenthood and God bless you all!

Cariños,...
See more
Best Wishes to the happy parents. May God bring you happiness and all the beauties of parenthood! A child is always God blessing, so enjoy her!

Any help, you have all the proz\'s mamies. My kids are already grown up and gone, so any help, I\'ll be more than glad to give it to you! Even though no matter how old they are, you are always learning new staff with them!

Enjoy your parenthood and God bless you all!

Cariños,

Dinorah

Collapse

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Congrats! Oct 25, 2002

Aunque algunas noches en blanco pueden hacernos pensar que en buena nos hemos metido ¡esta es una maravillosa noticia!

Enhorabuena a los tres

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Wow, four kilos! Oct 25, 2002

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Alison

Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
English to Italian
+ ...
Congratulations!! Oct 25, 2002

Congratulations Nikki!

A few days ago there was a beautiful poem in Spanish dedicated to mothers \"El Angél\".

Carla

blomguib (X)
blomguib (X)  Identity Verified
English to Flemish
+ ...
not only women!!! Oct 25, 2002

I noticed that quite a lot (if not all) of the reactions came from women. Would like to change this: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PROUD PARENTS AND WELCOME TO THE LITTLE ONE!!

From a proud father of 3 (who -thank god - is beyond the nappies phase!)

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
Bravo! Oct 25, 2002

Welcome Alexandra to the world and Nikki to motherhood.

We are all cheering for you both.

paola l m

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Birth of Alexandra Graham

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »