Off topic: Information about International University in Singapore
Thread poster: italia

italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:58
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 25, 2002

Hi everyone! A student of mine is moving to Singapore early next year. She would like to enrol at the International UNiversity of Singapore, but she did not succeed in finding anything about it on the web.

My question goes to everyone, being familiar with this Chinese area:Is there an International Uiversity based in Singapore and if so can anyone give me more information (phonenumber of students\' office/e-mail- address etc.)

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers to all
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
There is a NATIONAL University of Singapore Oct 25, 2002

(It\'s not Chinese, BTW, but an independent nation and an ASEAN member), and I didn\'t imagine 640 square kilometers would need much more; however, don\'t take my word for it, I\'ve only been thrice and all were short visits. But small is beautiful and very well organized, so I imagine the official information website could provide her the information.

Marcello Napolitano
Local time: 01:58
English to Italian
+ ...
URL for the National University of Singapore Oct 25, 2002

I agree that is is probably the National University of Singapore,

http://www.nus.edu.sg/

Singapore is one of my favorite cities in Asia. I had a great time and had great food when I was there.

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Imagine 5 cultures coexisting on a small island Oct 26, 2002

and you have the general picture. Like Switzerland, it puts up with similar jokes (like, why are there no night trains in Switzerland? Because if you sleep on a train for more than 4 hours, you\'re out.) Well, so far there is no Singapore International Marathon, and they say, if you run in a linear direction for more than 41 kilometers, you\'re out, too. That apart, locating any type of large educational institution shouldn\'t be a problem.

Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Oct 26, 2002

Thanks to both of you for the information, which I will pass on.

Have a nice weekend!!!))
[addsig]

Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 08:58
English
+ ...
Singapore, yes -- but Malaysia even more so! Nov 4, 2002

There is charming Melaka, only a four-hour freeway busride way and Kuala Lumpur (\"KL\" as most folks say). It has SPACE and great beauties that remain off the beaten track to most Europeans (except Brits, now that they\'ve joined).

As for Indonesia, the Bali blast, so to speak, is unlikely to re-occur -- the trick there is TO GO TO places frequented by Americans (note that the target was full of Australians) although there are several nightspots chock full of Americans in the same neighbourhood! Ben Laden said \"Kill All Americans!\", right? So did Al Qaeda do that? It doesn\'t matter: Americans are simply not getting hit: so advise her to hang out in American hangouts, because Indonesia too is FAR TOO BEAUTIFUL to be missed.

Singapore is a wonderful platform for a glimpse of Asia in all its ethnic diversity, with strong European input dating back to the days of St. Francis Xavier. Send her off with a great big kiss and all your love and hopes for self-fulfillment!

Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 4, 2002

Hi Arthur! Cheers event to you for the information!!!
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Information about International University in Singapore

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs