Mobile menu

Off topic: Request for help with payment arrangement (India)
Thread poster: Attila Piróth

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:35
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 9, 2006

Dear colleagues from India,
Can anyone help me to arrange a payment?
Here is the situation: I found a book that I would like to buy in an Indian online bookstore. However, as I could not find enough information on the bookstore (see http://www.proz.com/topic/59696), I am reluctant to pay with my credit card. Paypal is not an option, and they accept checks only from within India.
Is there a VID’ed colleague who would be willing to help me, and send a check AFTER I have sent him/her via paypal the corresponding amount (topped with the postal charge of sending the check)?
Thanks in advance,
Attila Piroth

Direct link Reply with quote

juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Just a suggestion. Dec 14, 2006

I am wondering, did you check if there is any other way to order the book? Was it published in India?
The publisher may have distributors in other countries, like the UK for example, and you could obtain the book from them.

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:35
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Things are about to be wrapped up Dec 14, 2006

A colleague from India has kindly offered his help, so there is no need to find a workaround.
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request for help with payment arrangement (India)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs