Thread poster: Inga Jakobi

Inga Jakobi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Jan 10, 2007

Hi everybody,
I am currently looking for a job in Shanghai for a graduate in economical science. Does anybody know a good online forum offering jobs for foreigners (German) in Shanghai? This is really very important and I am thankful for any help or tip how to find a vacant position. This is not that easy as we are in Germany and more or less fixed to Shanghai. Maybe there is even someone who knows someone who knows someone....
TIA for any comments!

Direct link Reply with quote

M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:55
English to Polish
+ ...
Expat forum Jan 10, 2007

Maybe here

Currently their forum seems to have some problems, but I hope it'll be fixed soon. I don't know about Shanghai forum, but Hong Kong forum was quite helpful when I was searching for info etc.

I hope this helps a little

Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:55
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Deutsche Außenhandelskammer Jan 11, 2007

You might give the Chinese-German Chamber of Commerce a try. Their homepage has a feature called Job Market for job offers and job seekers:

Hope this helps,

[Edited at 2007-01-11 02:30]

[Edited at 2007-01-11 03:50]

South Korea
Local time: 20:25
English to Spanish
Try job'search sites in the web Jan 11, 2007

I guess Forums are mainly intended for discussion on a certain topic, but probably not a good idea for job hunting.

I wouldn´t try the local job sites but the ones in the States and Europe and search for expat positions only. Many major companies have interests in China and occasions arise now and then. That is where the money is. Many of the job sites publish the same openings.

Alternatively, you can go to the big companies directly and see what they might have for you in China. You should know about your particular field. I tried one of the sites I check for myself from time to time and I actually found financial jobs in Shangai in a couple of clicks. See this:

I am sure you will find many others similar places.
Good luck and welcome to Asia!

Inga Jakobi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Thanks so far Jan 11, 2007

thanks so far for the links, there are really helpful! I hope we'll be successfull...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching for a job in Shanghai

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs