Off topic: Trados and my computer
Thread poster: Elena Mohammadi
Elena Mohammadi  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:29
English to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2007

Hello everyone,
I am thinking to use Trados, i know that i can download it soon after the payment, but what's happen if in time i have problems with my computer or my internet connection?Will i be able to use Trados on another computer? Do they send me a CD as well?
Many thanks,

Elena

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 02:29
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
Fail? Try again. No worries if connection is excellent. Feb 14, 2007

Elena Mohammadi wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am thinking to use Trados, i know that i can download it soon after the payment, but what's happen if in time i have problems with my computer or my internet connection?Will i be able to use Trados on another computer? Do they send me a CD as well?
Many thanks,

Elena

Hi Elena,

If you are thinking of buying online usually you need to download, and it takes time but if you are in a country where the Internet connection is excellent then no worries on your part.

Unlike what I experienced, I had to download the program for almost two whole days nonstop. The first try had been for almost half a day and suddenly I had to retry again. You can imagine the horrors I was experiencing.

Luckily, I had broadband access, I wonder if it was a dial-up?

On CD, I think you can order CDs at extra cost. Why don't you check at their site.

Good luck with your findings.

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:29
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados Feb 14, 2007

Once you purchase Trados, you can download it and reinstall as many times as you need. The speed depends on your connection.

You can burn the downloaded file and make your own CD.

And you can install Trados on two computers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and my computer

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs