Thread poster: Cecilia Di Vita
Cecilia Di Vita
Cecilia Di Vita  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 15, 2007

After the huge success of the thread on Lost, I'd like to propose a new one about your favourite TV series ever.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm realizing that I've become a TV-series addict, and currently my night during the week are scheduled as follows:

Monday: E.R.
Tuesday: LOST (finally!)
Wednesday: nothing, for my boyfriend's sake!
Thursday: CSI New York
Friday: Doctor House - Gr
... See more
After the huge success of the thread on Lost, I'd like to propose a new one about your favourite TV series ever.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm realizing that I've become a TV-series addict, and currently my night during the week are scheduled as follows:

Monday: E.R.
Tuesday: LOST (finally!)
Wednesday: nothing, for my boyfriend's sake!
Thursday: CSI New York
Friday: Doctor House - Grey's Anatomy - Nip/Tuck - Huff (but dr. Grey's sentimental adventures are definitely what I like most - along with the good-looking dr. Sheperd!)

However, I would also list the following series among my current favourites:

CSI (Las Vegas, Miami, New York)
O.C.
Gilmore Girls
Judging Amy
Desperate Housewives

And what about you?? I'm really curious to know if I'm the only one with this "insane" passion!!!

Cecilia
Collapse

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:19
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
All in the Family (1970s/1980s sitcom) Feb 15, 2007

Sure, it's very dated, but the writing and acting were so good. Every so often I'll catch a rerun, and am always impressed with what a groundbreaking, topical show it was for the 1970s. It completely changed prime-time American television.

I've also seen a few episodes of the British series on which it was based, "Till Death Us Do Part," which in hindsight just seems shrill, despite an outstanding cast.

[Edited at 2007-02-15 22:57]

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:19
English to French
+ ...
In no particular order... Feb 15, 2007

The series I love:

- E.R.
- CSI (the original)
- House M.D.
- Law & Order SVU
- Spoed (E.R. type of series, made in Belgium)

Other series I watch from time to time:
- Close to home
- Cold case
- CSI Miami
- the other "Law & Order" series
- and a whole bunch of Dutch series

I used to like:
- Gilmore girls (missed too many episodes, I'm completely lost)
- 7th Heaven (stopped watching when I mov
... See more
The series I love:

- E.R.
- CSI (the original)
- House M.D.
- Law & Order SVU
- Spoed (E.R. type of series, made in Belgium)

Other series I watch from time to time:
- Close to home
- Cold case
- CSI Miami
- the other "Law & Order" series
- and a whole bunch of Dutch series

I used to like:
- Gilmore girls (missed too many episodes, I'm completely lost)
- 7th Heaven (stopped watching when I moved to the NL)

... and oh my, I could name so many of them. I'm not as much of a TV addict than I used to be, but I'm sure I still watch waaaaay too much TV!
Collapse

biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:19
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
tv series Feb 15, 2007

I could say I watch TV series since its part of my job as I do translations for voice-overs.
If I have to name my one favorite it would be "Instant Star" - a Canadian TV series for teens about an aspiring singer. I must say the main reason why I like it is because the lead actress is a fantastic singer! Also I like "1-800-Missing" even if in general all that crime solving thing is not really my cup of tea.:)
As for wat
... See more
I could say I watch TV series since its part of my job as I do translations for voice-overs.
If I have to name my one favorite it would be "Instant Star" - a Canadian TV series for teens about an aspiring singer. I must say the main reason why I like it is because the lead actress is a fantastic singer! Also I like "1-800-Missing" even if in general all that crime solving thing is not really my cup of tea.:)
As for watching TV series on tv Ive found one network that shows classic comedie TV series like "Open all hours", "Farmacia di guardia" and some recent ones like "Thin blue line" and "Black Adder".

ps: oh and a special place in my heart has to go to "Keeping Up Appearances". I mean c'mon - Hyacinth is the woman of the century.:))

[Edited at 2007-02-15 23:04]
Collapse

Lorenia de la Vega
Lorenia de la Vega  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Addicted to... Feb 15, 2007

Heroes. I think the show is really entertaining, you never know what's going to happen, who's going to die, and Hiro is hilarious. It's the same formula as Lost, basically, a person of each ethnicity, they all have a special talent, there's something "strange" or "unexplainable" that brings them together, and they have to work together to survive.

Basit Ijaz
Basit Ijaz  Identity Verified
Pakistan
Local time: 15:19
English to Urdu
+ ...
Pakistani Tv Series and Serials Feb 15, 2007

I hail from Pakistan and have so many faviourt tv series and serials also. Pakistan Television has produced so many wonderful tv plays. I am sure PTV plays can compete hollywood, as far as story line and characterisation is concerned. I have many faviourt tv plays. some of them are:

unkehi (untold), Din (Day), tanha-e-yan (lonliness), aik mohabat so afsanay (One Love, One hundard Stories), Jinnah (based on the life of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founder of Pakistan) and many more.

Sabina Metcalf
Sabina Metcalf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Argh Feb 15, 2007

I can't get enough of 24 (Jack Bauer is just great-great-great!) and Sex and The City (clothes, shoes, New York -- brilliant combination).

[Edited at 2007-02-15 18:52]

LukaszPL
LukaszPL  Identity Verified
Poland
My favorites: Feb 15, 2007

1. Friends
2. Band of Brothers
3. Boston Public

Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Spanish to French
+ ...
Six feet under Feb 15, 2007

I'd never been addicted to TV series before, but Six feet under really kept me seated watching until 1-2 or more am!!! (someone lent me the dvd sets).
And, as matter of fact, it helped me stay awake to help with the feeding and the diaper changing when my second son was born, so thanks SFU!!!
I really liked the one of a kind subject and the depth of the characters.
My other picks:
-CSI New York
-The Office (UK)

...and a classic: The Simpsons!

[E
... See more
I'd never been addicted to TV series before, but Six feet under really kept me seated watching until 1-2 or more am!!! (someone lent me the dvd sets).
And, as matter of fact, it helped me stay awake to help with the feeding and the diaper changing when my second son was born, so thanks SFU!!!
I really liked the one of a kind subject and the depth of the characters.
My other picks:
-CSI New York
-The Office (UK)

...and a classic: The Simpsons!

[Edited at 2007-02-15 18:46]
Collapse

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 18:19
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
My favourites Feb 15, 2007

Crazy about:

1) Friends (watched every episode)
2) L-word (watched every episode; um, please bring Caaaarmen back)
3) ER (watched a few episodes many years ago; just started from scratch with season 1 and plan to watch every episode)
4) Desperate Housewives (love it but my German is not good enough to watch it on German TV; considering buying seasons 1 and 2 from ebay)
5) Sex and the City (have all seasons on DVD)
6) Queer as Folks (oh I just love those
... See more
Crazy about:

1) Friends (watched every episode)
2) L-word (watched every episode; um, please bring Caaaarmen back)
3) ER (watched a few episodes many years ago; just started from scratch with season 1 and plan to watch every episode)
4) Desperate Housewives (love it but my German is not good enough to watch it on German TV; considering buying seasons 1 and 2 from ebay)
5) Sex and the City (have all seasons on DVD)
6) Queer as Folks (oh I just love those bad, bad boys...; have all seasons on DVD)

[Edited at 2007-02-15 18:48]
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
The Sopranos Feb 15, 2007

Definitely the best TV series ever, IMHO.

Regards

Andrzej

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:19
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TVE Feb 15, 2007

Cuéntame cómo pasó, a Spanish production from Televisión Española.

Dan Butuza
Dan Butuza  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:19
English to Romanian
Best ever... Feb 15, 2007

Seinfeld (immortal!) and Prison Break (breathtaking!)...

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
My favourite TV series ever? Feb 15, 2007

"Friends" and "El chavo del ocho"

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
English to Italian
My faves Feb 15, 2007

How I like this topic!

Like Cecilia I'm a tv addict, and apart from LOST which is my very very favorite tv series after the X-Files, I am also hopelessly addicted to Seinfeld which I watch every freakin' day when I prepare dinner. I know it's an old tv series (debuted in the 90s), but it's still broadcasted as reruns on tv, and I LOVE it, it simply cracks me up. So Seinfeld all week...

LOST of course!

The Amazing Race. It's a reality rather than a tv series
... See more
How I like this topic!

Like Cecilia I'm a tv addict, and apart from LOST which is my very very favorite tv series after the X-Files, I am also hopelessly addicted to Seinfeld which I watch every freakin' day when I prepare dinner. I know it's an old tv series (debuted in the 90s), but it's still broadcasted as reruns on tv, and I LOVE it, it simply cracks me up. So Seinfeld all week...

LOST of course!

The Amazing Race. It's a reality rather than a tv series, but I'm a huge fan of it, I have followed each season, recorded it or got it on tape or DVD. For those that do not know what TAR is, it's a race around the world. The teams must solve some tasks on each segment often struggling with language barriers, transportation problems, misunderstandings, fights, missed flights, delays. My crazy dream is to be on TAR with my hubby but I think we'll divorce after the first segment, because no matter what, wherever we go, we get lost and end up bickering, and that's a no-no in TAR.
Is there any TAR fan out there? The 11th season (All star edition) will be starting next Sunday with some of the nicest (the Kentuky team or the 2 bald guys) or jerkiest teams (Rob and Amber or Team Guido) of the past!

The Apprentice. I know, I know, it's trash tv, with the Donald, but I watch it for fun.

Survivor. I like the concept of being left on an island with a bunch of people (like LOST).

Monk. Mr Monk is ridiculously hilarious. It's a mix between Columbo and a germophobe freak. Huge fan of Mr Monk!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your favourite TV series ever

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »