Off topic: Thank you ProZ staff and ProZ members
Thread poster: Monika Coulson

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:28
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2002

...for making such a great place. My heart is full of gratitude for all the proz staff and members. has become such an important part of my life and I am sure that is the same for many here. I feel that I know many of you (both, those who have a picture on their profile, and those who do not). And I would also like to thank all those who have helped me personally with their answers, advices on different situations (especially my Trados problems!) or just with nice words. Thank you to you all, my friendZ.

Monika Coulson

Direct link Reply with quote

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
About gratitude Nov 27, 2002

Gratitude is merely the secret hope of further favors.

--Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart.

--Henry Clay

For being grateful you can expect more from your friends at ProZ.

JCEC  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:28
English to French
Thank you Monika Nov 27, 2002

I\'m a newcomer on ProZ, but I know just what you mean already.

Thank you for reminding us of the fact that it is easier to complain about glitches in the system than to take the time to say how grateful we are that the system actually exists.

And thanks to all who make ProZ a wonderful international experience day after day.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-27 23:42 ]

Anila Mayhew  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:28
English to Albanian
+ ...
Thankfulness, a great thing Nov 27, 2002

Thank you, Monika for opening this forum and expressing your gratitude. Your words, in a way, express my thoughts too.

And, yes, JCEC, it is so much easier to be critical of a system that is not perfect and forget how much you are getting out of it already.

During this special time for America, I am thankful for all the wonderful people at ProZ.

Thankfulness is a great thing. One of the songs in my 2 year olds veggietales videos says:

For a thankful heart is a happy heart.

Wishing everyone a happy heart and a great thanksgiving.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
A small poem about friendships... Nov 28, 2002

Good evening Monika!

Thank you so much for opening this wonderful topic... I am very thankful to have access to such a great site as Proz, and I feel blessed from having met so many wonderful colleagues.

A day without Proz (and Prozians) is like a day without sunshine... Here\'s a little poem for you my friends!

Someone I am always delighted to see,

Someone who is welcome to what I have,

Who offers what I need...

Before I even realize I need it,

Who takes easily and gratefully,

Who gives for the joy of it,

Who doesn\'t need to keep score...

That\'s you, my (Prozian) friends!

- Leonard Nimoy, \"Warmed by love\"

I wish all our American colleagues a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
How right you are! Nov 28, 2002

I have already said that I owe really a lot to ProZ, so I\'m not going to say it again, for those who follow the forums it would be just that, repetition.

But I think I have it always in my mind that there\'s no such a place away.

Thank you Henry, Jason, Marta... moderators, and all the members. Personnally I prefer those with a photo or an image, just because it helps me to know them better.

xxxPaul Roige
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yeah! Nov 28, 2002

Good to see that Proz is not taken for granted. It is terrific indeed.

Good to read such an open-hearted and positive feedback. Badly needed too, I realise now.

Good on you Monika

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you for opening this forum! Nov 28, 2002

You have said what I want, Monika!

Zhou Dan

Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:28
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Thank you to all colleagues too Nov 28, 2002

Also, the input of every and each member of the site should be mentioned. I personally have learnt a lot from colleagues all over the world.

This is truely a community and one you can identify yourself to. It has not been a single day since I have been a member of the site that passed without my visiting the site to see what else is new, what colleagues from all over the world are doing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating it!

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you all... Nov 29, 2002

Gracias a todos

You are more than right! is a GREAT/OUTSTANDING site.

Not only does one make friends and expand one\'s professional circle here in One is able to expand one\'s kwoledge and professional capacities and to learn from reading other people\'s comments, tips, answers, tribulations, doubts, fears, etc.

Some members \'fly\' through their texts and creations and invite others to join the flight and transcend beyond the meaning of words and \'cold screens\'. Some might think this is useless. However, one also learns from these \'dreamers\' as our profession is not just made up of dictionaries, glossaries and links to good resources. It is made of nuances, shades of gray and a collection of ideas, passions, dreams, analysis and love that arise from all types of materials/sources (not only written).

Thank you, Henry et. al (Marta, Jason Hermann...) Thank you, moderators. Thank you, ProZadictos.

Happy day and happy translations.

\"Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on this earth to do... with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling,\"

Vincent Van Gogh

\"Communication is the key to love, peace and harmony.\" Van Orden

\"Nothing causes more complication and frustration than miscommunication.\" Van Orden

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thank you ProZ staff and ProZ members

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs