Our son is four years old today. And he is fully bilingual

Isn\'t he cute?

\"picture

The proud parents of Besmir Coulson:

Monika

http://www.proz.com/translator/1276

and Matthew Coulson

http://www.proz.com/translators/19178?

p.s. If you cannot see the picture here, please click on the following link for a few more pictures: http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/viewshare.asp?c=032038554GFMTDNKM

I am not sure why the picture here is not visible sometimes, even I cannot see at times, and it is visible other times...

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-30 14:59 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:52
German to Italian
+ ...
congratulations! Nov 29, 2002

shame I can\'t see the picture - I am sure he is as nice as it sounds. And congratulations to him and his parents... Enjoy him as much as possible. My son is now 27 and yes, I can confirm it: time flies so quick that you only realise it when it has gone!

Gilda

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
congratulations! Nov 29, 2002

Unfortunately I cannot see the picture of your son. My triplets (2 girls, one boy) will be 4 next Wednesday. But they are not fully bilingual (Hebrew-Italian)...

I wish we will have many more years to spend with them.

Laura

Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
English to Spanish
Wow! Nov 29, 2002

Congrats! I hope you´re changing the picture or something and that´s why we can´t see it yet!

My eldest daughter was 4 two weeks ago and she´s not bilingual (I´ve been trying to decide whether to go that way or not and for the time being I mix up methods a lot). My youngest one is 18 months younger than his sister, but that´s not even close to triplets... I feel I´ve done nothing compared to you and Laura!!!

Let´s all enjoy our toddlers, those \"locos bajitos\" are the best thing ever!

Andrea

Katarzyna Chmiel  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
another future pro!! Nov 29, 2002

I asked my 3,5 years old baby sitting at the computer (my computer): \"What are you doing?\", she replied: \"I\'m working.\" \"What kind of work you\'re doing?\" \"I\'m translating.\" - the cutest thing I\'ve ever heard.

Cheers for our babies!

Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Wonderful to be bilingual at that age; Nov 30, 2002

Try to spend much good time with this kid. This is the best period in life for both parents and child. I have two little girls, one 12 years old( she would be very angry to be considered as a little girl) and one who is six. They hate translation, they are considering it as a slave job because you are sometimes working at night, during the week-end. But sometimes when the sun is shining and when they are in good mood, they find it wonderfull to have mother at home for lunch, after school to help with homework, at the moment of going to bed to read a part of a book.

I wish you all the best -

Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
nice picture Nov 30, 2002

I see the picture and he is looking great, this guy.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:52
Member (2004)
English to Italian
congrats... Nov 30, 2002

as a father of four (10, 7, 4 and 20 months), I can only wish you a very happy time with your little one.

Giovanni

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:52
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
by George Eliot... Nov 30, 2002

\"A child, more than all other gifts

That earth can offer to declining man,

Brings hope with it, and forward-looking thoughts.\"

Congratulations!

E. Sauza

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Nov 30, 2002

for your nice words. And I thought it was difficult enough to work as a translator at home with only one four-year old... Looking at you, especially at you moms (sorry dads), makes me feel that I have complained too much so far. Wow, how can you do your work with two, three (even triplets!), four +++ at home?? You ladies are amazing! Thank you for sharing this with me, i really needed to hear it. AND yes, they are worth millions!

Have a great weekend everybody.

Monika

Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:52
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Lovely pictures! Dec 1, 2002

I\'m a bit late but I still wanted to congratulate Besmir and his parents on his 4th birthday anniversary!

I also have two fully bilingual future pros at home (aged 11 and 12), they are not so noisy any more As Pilou said, they sometimes think this is the worst job one can have, but they appreciate it when I don\'t work too hard and have quite a lot of time to share with them.

It\'s not too late to give Besmir a brother or a sister

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-01 08:16 ]

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Idea for new Forum section: little Pros Dec 1, 2002

My youngest, Sophie (6 last wed, bilingual ita-ger) is set to become a great localization reviewer.

Her favourite film lately is Monsters Inc. which she saw in Italian at the cinema.

Identifying with the little girl Boo, she was delighted when she finally got a talking Boo doll. You press a button and Boo laughs; press it again and she hums a little tune; press it again, and she calls out \"Micio\". When Sophie heard this, she said: \"I think the person who made this doll did not really see the film; in the film she calls the monster Gatto, not Micio...\"

Kozeta Elzhenni  Identity Verified
English to Albanian
+ ...
Happy Birthday Besmir. Dec 2, 2002

Congratulation and I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I have two girls (4, and 2). My oldest one speaks English, Albanian and Arabic. In the begining my husband and I were afraid that two many languages were going to be confusing for her but she is perfect in Albanian and English. In Arabic she communicates but not as good as in Albanian or English. She talks to her younger sister in all languages. We are very happy. So Besmir has a lot of bilingual anf trilingual friends all over the world and they are going to be the future proz.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A future Pro :) [Picture should be visible now]

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs