Off topic: Need help: Norwegian into English (ski jumping)
Thread poster: Zdenka Ivkovcic
Zdenka Ivkovcic
Zdenka Ivkovcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 13:40
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2007

Dear fellow translators,
I hope someone will be so kind as to help this crazy ski jumping addict with translating the gist of the following article: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=181639.
It's about my favorite ski jumper Roar Ljoekelsoey but I can't make out whether he's retiring or not (of course, I hope he's not!).

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:40
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
He's not decided yet Mar 27, 2007

but things should be clear in April.
Thats how I understand the article.
Cheers
Heinrich

Heidi Sandberg
Heidi Sandberg
Spain
Finnish to Swedish
+ ...
He will let you know in April Mar 27, 2007

He's not sure if he's going to continue because of his son. He says that he wants to continue but in the same time he wants to be at home with his son (3 years old) because he wants to be there for him. He also says that he needs to feel that he's really motivated if he's going to continue. He will now rest at home and think about this until the middle of April. So one more month until you know!

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
You might be lucky...!! Mar 27, 2007

Zdenka Ivkovcic wrote:

Dear fellow translators,
I hope someone will be so kind as to help this crazy ski jumping addict with translating the gist of the following article: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=181639.
It's about my favorite ski jumper Roar Ljoekelsoey but I can't make out whether he's retiring or not (of course, I hope he's not!).

Heinrich is correct; here is the relevant part in English:

** From "Tenkepause...." in the article **

Time for thinking

In any case he cannot guarantee that he will compete in another season.

"We'll see. I need to have a little breathing space when I get home. But by the middle of April things may be clear", he says.

So just keep your fingers crossed, Zdenka, and you just might get to see him perform again!

Cheers, from a not-so-enthusiastic-ski-jumping-addict-but-very-enthusiastic-translator!!

Bill

Zdenka Ivkovcic
Zdenka Ivkovcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you a million times! Mar 27, 2007

Thank you both a million times! I've just returned from the finale in Planica and was already looking forward to going to some summer competitons when I ran into this "scarry" article. Now that I know he's only thinking of quitting jumping, I'm sure he'll change his mind once he gets some rest

Cheers to all Nowegian speaking translators, enthusiastic and not-so-enthusiastic-about-ski-jumping alike!

[Edited at
... See more
Thank you both a million times! I've just returned from the finale in Planica and was already looking forward to going to some summer competitons when I ran into this "scarry" article. Now that I know he's only thinking of quitting jumping, I'm sure he'll change his mind once he gets some rest

Cheers to all Nowegian speaking translators, enthusiastic and not-so-enthusiastic-about-ski-jumping alike!

[Edited at 2007-03-27 12:46]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help: Norwegian into English (ski jumping)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »