Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:19
Member (2007)
English to Italian
May 3, 2007

I am just curious to know how many type of toppings we can come out.

My favorite: fresh tomato sauce, olive oil, anchovies and buffalo mozzarella cheese (strictly from Caserta, my birthplace).

Your turn folks!

Valentina_D
Valentina_D  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
very, very unfair May 3, 2007

Gianni, I've just finished eating an hour ago or so and you make me feel hungry again (I looove pizza)!!

Anyway, I don't have a favourite pizza, but I usually look for the one with tons of things on it, usually: peppers, aubergines, mushrooms, artichokes, black olives, wurstel, ham, grana cheese....the more, the better!

I've recently found a place where they have very peculiar pizzas, and they have one with stracchino cheese on it and another one with truffle....yummy!<
... See more
Gianni, I've just finished eating an hour ago or so and you make me feel hungry again (I looove pizza)!!

Anyway, I don't have a favourite pizza, but I usually look for the one with tons of things on it, usually: peppers, aubergines, mushrooms, artichokes, black olives, wurstel, ham, grana cheese....the more, the better!

I've recently found a place where they have very peculiar pizzas, and they have one with stracchino cheese on it and another one with truffle....yummy!

Argh, I must go and get one immediately!!

P.S.: I forgot to mention another fav of mine, which is tuna with *lots* of onion, which I don't get very often for..ehm..obvious reasons

[Edited at 2007-05-03 15:08]
Collapse

Deschant
Deschant
Local time: 08:19
Reply May 3, 2007

I guess it's not very orthodox but last Christmas, back in my village in Spain, I had a chicken and béchamelle pizza at a local restaurant. Really nice...

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pepperoni, jalapeños May 3, 2007

I like them all, but pepperoni with thin slices of jalapeño peppers are my favorites.

I love pizza!

Have a great day you all!

Rufino

FourSeasons
FourSeasons
English to Chinese
+ ...
"New Orleans" May 3, 2007

This is obviously not Italian, and may sound rather insane, but it really works (for me) and I love it:

Spinach, grilled chicken, cubed fried potatoes, Thai sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.

Don't know why it's called "New Orleans" though.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
My own make May 3, 2007

Tomatosauce and sardines in tomatosauce, covered with cheese and tomatoes. Never seen that in any restaurant.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:19
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Gamberetto May 3, 2007

Spicy garlic marinated shrimp, basil, roasted peppers, green onions, marinated tomatoes, Feta, Mozzarella, garlic and olive oil.

No delivery. Just humbly waiting in line like any other worshipper at this pizza place.

Yum...

Drool.

)))

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Capperi May 3, 2007

Gianni Pastore wrote:
My favorite: fresh tomato sauce, olive oil, anchovies and buffalo mozzarella cheese (strictly from Caserta, my birthplace).
I love that one too plus capperi (strictly from Salina )
Hungry* in Holland
Steffi
No decent pizzeria here

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:19
French to Portuguese
+ ...
"Proscciuto" May 3, 2007

Sorry if it's not written this way, but it's my favourite. :0)

Salam Alrawi
Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:19
English to Arabic
+ ...
Excuse me May 3, 2007

BUT what is pizza?

))))

Joni
Joni
Albanian to Italian
+ ...
Yummy! May 3, 2007

(Just finished eating:)

I'm vegetarian so i'd go for the one with fresh sliced tomatoes,rocket leaves and tons of mozzarella (the one Gianni is talking about..been living in Santa Maria Capua Vetere(CE) for almost 7 years!!:)

Cheers to you all and HAIL HAIL to pizza!

Jutta Deichselberger
Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Funghi May 3, 2007

But ONLY with fresh mushrooms...
You never know, not even in Italy...

Or: cuattro formaggi, hmmm....

And preferably in Italy, not in Germany!

Graciela Guzman
Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fugazza May 3, 2007

My favorite is called "fugazza" here. It's very simple and tasty - onion, mozzarella, oregano and black olives.

In fact, I love pizza and I'm ready for any combination whatsoever.

Graciela

sofiablu (X)
sofiablu (X)
Netherlands
Margherita May 3, 2007

I love them all to pieces (or should I say slices?) but I always end up choosing classical, traditional Margherita: tomatoes, mozzarella fiordilatte, basil.

From what I can see, it's one of the most versatile and beloved food all over the world.

We all are brothers in pizza.

Bogdan Burghelea
Bogdan Burghelea  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 10:19
English to German
+ ...
The one and only May 3, 2007

Because I am a huge cheese fan, my favourite would be pizza quattro formaggi, baked by the best pizza cook in Sighisoara.
Topping: olive oil, at least 4 noble cheeses: mozzarella, blue cheese, feta and a secret (not disclosed) one, plus, basil, fresh parsley leaves.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's your favorite pizza?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »